The Young Founders Programme is a 6-month fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging markets. It brings together leaders from all over the world, who are united in the pursuit to achieve entrepreneurial greatness.
5-day conference in Berlin / 6 months remote programme
50 young founders from emerging markets
Mentoring, Peer Learning, Expert Sessions, Buddy Programme
A unique experience with a successful entrepreneur or investor, who becomes your sparring partner.
Exchanges with other successful young founders of the cohort to share knowledge and support each other.
In-depth sessions on relevant topics with high-class experts.
Access to new business opportunities by being connected to programme alumni, partners and other members of the Westerwelle Foundation network.
Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully-funded 5-day conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) for Entrepreneurs from Emerging and Developing Countries Selection Criteria
We are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months.
Call for Applications
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile. Please have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile
With these on hand, the application will take approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Application deadline: Tuesday, August 9 at 11:59 CEST
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: August 22-27, 2022
Notification of all applicants: 30 August 2022
For further questions, please sign up for our info sessions
Or on the 02/08/2022:
For technical issues ONLY (i.e. cannot submit form): please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For news about other programmes and opportunities you can follow our social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
Autumn 2022 Cohort