United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Boat Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Perform routine, planned and preventative maintenance on machinery and engine room systems and equipment, as well as ensures general order and cleanliness of the engine room.
- Maintain daily engine room logs, work and repair lists, and maintenance and repair histories/logs.
- Maintain inventories of machinery, equipment, and spare parts.
- Possess minimum qualification relevant to the position.
- 2 – 5 years work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge to maintain and operate diesel engines.
- Proven knowledge to maintain and operate engine room equipment including: water makers, sewage treatment plant, fuel/oil transfer and purification system, ballast system etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing existing and developing problems with machinery and systems and taking positive action to restore equipment to normal operating condition. Basic ability to detect and recognize symptoms of impending malfunction or failure and take positive action.
- Basic seamanship skills (knots, line-handling, general shipboard maintenance and care, preparation/preservation of steel surfaces, operation of deck equipment, winches, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of and experience with emergency procedures, drills and training. Knowledge of medical first aid and first responder techniques and practices.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize task lists. Ability to perform other functions as deemed necessary within the classification or under emergency conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain all required licenses, documents, and certificates throughout employment period.
Deadline: 20th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: HR@unitedgeophysical.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.