Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client requires the skills of a data science specialist with hands-on experience in planning, developing and management of predictive and prescriptive analytics projects/solutions.
- Provides balanced analytical research by turning raw data into valuable insights that help to drive the Bank’s actions and strategies.
- Also interprets and analyses data from multiple sources to come up with imaginative solutions to problems.
- Conduct analyses, formulate insights, and summarize and synthesize findings for presentation to line of business management.
- Develop timely, innovative, and objective analysis which leads to fact-based solutions for strategic business issues.
- Develop programming in R, SAS, SQL or similar analytical development tools.
- Maintain knowledge in statistics, mathematics and/or comparable quantitative area of expertise.
- Responsible for collaborating with analysts to facilitate the development and application of advanced analytic strategies and tactics.
- Ascertain and apply strategies to identified business problems and existing organizational processes to provide leaders with insightful resources for decision-making and to increase sales, profit, market share, and achieve enterprise goals.
- Establish parameters of ad hoc analyses by setting appropriate timeline and work quality guidelines
- Assist in the development of the problem definition and hypothesis formulation process as it relates to the specific business environment.
- Maintain an understanding of general business trends and requirements for the major area of support, and understand the link between analysis and business impact
- Utilize R, SAS, SQL, Tableau or other analytical development tools with large data sets to design
- analyses and measure key metrics.
- Support line of business analytical needs with dashboard/report development through Tableau
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead, Data Science.
Keys Qualifications and Skills
- Strong STEM background – Bachelor’s Degree as well as practical experiences in Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning (Tensor flow), Statistical Modelling, Quantitative Analysis, Forecasting, Data Visualization
- 2 – 6 years working experience as a data scientist or business data analyst, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Proficient in office automation tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, etc).
- Proficient in SQL.
Deadline: 4th August, 2022.