The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer
Location: Akwa Ibom
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
- The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States.
- Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- The Executive Officer will serve as the principal administrative support to the ECEWS senior leadership.
- Work ranges from office support assignments to performance of administrative duties involving decision-making and judgment
- Communication and public contact are major components of job, both internal and external to the organization
- Work requires contact with at levels of management and staff within the organization, client representatives, government agencies and vendors
- Serves as a liaison between Chief Executive Officer, reporting units and other business areas and external agencies for the purpose of relaying instructions and information and following commitments through to completion
- Manages and monitors a variety of information impacting the CEO’s responsibilities and priorities
- Exercises delegated authority to speak on behalf of the CEO regarding a variety of administrative matters
- Identifies and resolves problems that would not require CEO’s direct involvement
- May attend meetings in CEO’s absence to provide and/or obtain information.
- Research, develop and draft letters, memos, or reports to for the CEO’s review
- Edits documents to incorporate information and ideas specific to the CEO and/or activities within the overall organizational unit or division
- Screens calls and visitors to determine appropriate course of action.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or its international equivalent or higher in Administration, or other relevant field preferred
- Typically requires a minimum 5+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis and/or related experience in order to handle budgetary task
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Non-Profit or health-related field experience preferred.
- Articulate professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
- Must have experience working with local / international development organization projects and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in the Southern regions strongly desired.
We have a competitive compensation package.
Deadline: 30th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state their full names with the position and location applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).