Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Journalist
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for researching for, compiling, writing, reporting, producing, and/or presenting multimedia content that investigates, highlights, and addresses issues that are of interest or concern to our female audience across platforms – print, digital, TV, and radio.
Reporting to the Editor, the successful candidate will be charged with responsibility for:
- Generating and developing a fresh, innovative, and creative approach to writing, producing, editing, and publishing stories that focus on women for all our platforms.
- Creating women-centric content for print, TV, radio, and digital platforms – videos, gifs, photos, social lives and/or stories, etc – including news stories, features, interviews, analyses, among others.
- Being up to date with trending issues that are of interest to women on and off social media and reacting accordingly.
- Being abreast of new developments – political, social, economic, scientific, technological, etc, that affect women.
- Working together with colleagues from all sections and subsidiaries of the Media Trust Group to collect, conceptualise, and develop story ideas on gender issues.
- Ensuring that all women-centric content published adheres to Media Trust Group’s editorial guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or a Higher Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Broadcast Journalism or related courses in Social Sciences and the Humanities is essential.
- At least three years of experience working as a multimedia women/gender reporter.
- Expert knowledge of the media landscape in Nigeria and beyond, and of audience needs and the use of technology and digital tools to enhance journalistic practices.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You should have a successful record and demonstrable experience of working in a multimedia production environment, an excellent knowledge of development on the media landscape, and thorough understanding of issues that concern women.
- You should have an eye for a good story and the ability to tell multimedia stories in English and Hausa.
- You must have strong editorial judgment and a solid understanding of journalistic ethics and media laws.
- You should also possess the ability to create content from the development of an idea through to editing and publishing and have experience producing content for print, online and social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Excellent skills in speaking, writing, and presenting in English and Hausa.
- Experience of working on women-centric and gender based issues.
- Experience in creating high quality content (including text, images, videos, audios, etc.) that can be used across different media platforms.
- Good knowledge of social media – Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube – particularly engagement, optimization, analytics, and posting formats and techniques.
- The ability to plan and organise time and resources effectively and to manage projects to conclusion according to deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online