Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Banking Operation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head, Banking Operations will direct and oversee the operations unit of the bank, ensure efficient delivery of all payment related services to customers. He/She will also develop short- and long-term payment operations strategies and tactical plans that align with, and support, the bank’s operating model.
- Develop the banking operations framework, manage, and lead the payment operations team.
- Design, develop and keep updated the bank’s operations manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Ensure effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, improve service quality and customer service.
- Champion the re-engineering of business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls.
- Ensure transaction processing are in line with policies and procedures and the accuracy of customer data and transactions through management of authorization levels and access rights.
- Provide effective and efficient report of operations activities to management for analysis and decision making.
- Collaborate actively with customer operations to ensure seamless turnaround on customer disputes.
- Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure prompt transaction reconciliation, settlement, and dispute resolution.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to review bank-wide policies and decisions that have a direct impact on operations.
- A First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional certifications
- Minimum of 10 years post graduate work experience in which 8 years must have been in a Banking Operations function within the financial services industry.
- Good financial and commercial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of banking procedures and policies
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into operational plans and actions.
- Demonstrated ability leveraging technology as a key enabler to enhance productivity and decision support
- Proven experience leading and managing a sizeable team
- Ability to deliver on set targets and achieve demonstrative results in line with the organisations strategic aspirations
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to engage with others to achieve positive results
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Resilient and focused go-getter with the exposure to best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online