Ikore International Development Limited (Ikore) is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Manager
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract (Consultant)
Project Overview and Role
- At Ikore, we offer innovative products that meet the needs and wants of our partners across the trade-tech, mechanization, livestock, food delivery, and social enterprise industries.
- We are seeking an experienced IT consultant with experience in solving problems in record time with our rapidly evolving technical stack.
- The consultant will work with the project team to build and develop solutions for our projects across the entire stack.
- All developments will be open source and available in Git repositories.
- An ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of server maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The consultant will be such with the ability to impact the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals, and Office Automation equipment.
- To be in charge of the design and maintenance of databases.
- To be in charge of installing and maintaining the project management tool task juggler on a web server.
- To assist the project management team in following the activities by keeping up to date on the list of tasks and activities in the task juggler database.
- To create web map applications with QGIS. The objective is to visualize the geo-referenced data that are collected or created by the project activities on different platforms (browsers, smartphones, tablets).
- To encrypt Information so that it cannot be manipulated, destroyed, or otherwise get infected by viruses, trojans, malware, etc.
- To Identify and curate technical website content, manage and implement project-wide content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way).
- To be in charge of developing server and client applications for web browsers, smartphones, and tablets.
- To collaborate with all stakeholders to centralize, an easy-to-use tool kit that the stakeholders will be able to use to scale-up surveillance and control efforts.
- To define and gather business needs for releases in time to come.
- To define and manage user roles and opinions to present target information to the right audiences
- To produce and maintain content for online support conduits, and enhance self-help for clients and operational efficiencies.
- To analyze large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- To work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- To be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- To build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- To serve as knowledge and information manager for the projects.
- To prepare engagement models and guidelines for maintaining content fresh and updated.
- To supervise content for apt delivery channels on basis of the target audience.
- To perform as the main contact for research and information manager activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field
- 4+ years of professional experience as an IT manager or specialist with a proven track record
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Experience working with Linux
- Adequate knowledge of C++ is an advantage
- Experience with infrastructure hardware and software (Servers, Wireless, Firewall)
- Experience using Internet-based technologies (ELDAP, DNS, Security, IP Routing, SSH, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, Email Routing, etc.)
- Experience with security best practices and technologies,
- Experience with client-server software (Nextcloud or similar preferred)
Deadline: 7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete Contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.