Accord for Community Development is a frontline development institution based in Nigeria. Accord specializes in the provision of policy-relevant research and strategic blueprints for sustainable management of resources in rural marginal communities aswell as disadvantaged urban centres. Accord is actively committed to the building of institutions and structures for the promotion of sustainable development through participatory approaches. Equipped with an effective, qualified and motivated workforce, we are focused on providing world class development services in line with international best practice. We have over 20 years of experience working for sustainable development in the Niger Delta. Accord is duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria with registration number CAC/IT/NO12962.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Support Officer
Job Ref: ACC/MEDI/00324
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accord for Community Development (ACCORD) is a social enterprise that specializes in the provision of sustainable development solutions and initiatives. Over the last three (3) decades, Accord has successfully partnered with various development partners in implementing development interventions in Nigeria especially in the Niger Delta. Accord is an active player in providing services for major international corporate entities in managing their corporate social investments in their host communities. Accord is headquartered in Port Harcourt and also maintains offices in Abuja, Lagos and Agbor, Delta State.
- The media space is increasing by seconds of the day, in this vein, Accord being a vast social enterprise organization that has recently envisioned a couple of ideas in the tech/ media space, expanding to online marketplace, e-Governance for corporate organizations, etc. which conforms to Tech-4-Dev concepts.
- Accord seeks to recruit for immediate employment/ internship program, a competent and highly motivated individual to support in the media department as a team player at the Port Harcourt office.
- He or she would be involved in the production of websites and management of a couple of social media platforms for the organization as well as the collection/ collation of contents from field managers/ officers to be converted to website and social media platform stories.
- Support in the media production processes and other activities that would be assigned to him or her in the course of Accord’s intervention programs.
Qualifications / Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Media or any ICT related fields
- Skills in the use of Content Management Systems (CMS) to power websites
- Ability to work with graphic tools
- Ability to analyse information and make good decisions with them
- A very good command of English and communication skills are essential
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to correspond and communicate independently with clients
- Possession of computer training certificate(s) from a reputable computer academy irrespective of your major may be an added advantage
- Computer literacy is compulsory (Proficiency in M.S Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
N80,000 – N120,000 monthly.
Deadline: 20th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Reference Number as the subject of the email.
Note: The successful applicant must be ready to travel to other branch offices when duty calls.