Ikore International Development Limited (Ikore) is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract (Consultant)
Project Overview and Role
- At Ikore, we offer innovative products that meet the needs and wants of our partners across the trade-tech, mechanization, livestock, crop production, and social enterprise areas.
- We are seeking an experienced public relations Manager as a consultant.
- The consultant will maintain files about Ikore’s activities, field inquiries from the press and public, and help to organize press conferences and other events.
- The consultant will write press releases and speeches, and coordinate programs as it arises.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The consultant will be such with the ability to maintain a positive image of Ikore and its brand with the target of making Ikore a “household name”.
- Develop and implement a media strategy;
- Develop, build and sustain strong relationships with media contacts to further maximize the profile of Ikore International Development Limited;
- Serve as a key point of contact for media;
- Manage cross-functional internal relationships and bring strategic PR counsel forward in partnership with integrated marketing, social media, etc;
- Draft succinct and compelling written materials, including press releases, memos, pitches, statements, Q&As, and more;
- Identify and leverage relevant insights to bolster storytelling efforts;
- Show extraordinary judgment to manage communications challenges;
- Liaise with external public relations firms to map and implement consumer and corporate PR strategies and execution;
- Support and in some instances, lead PR campaigns to announce unique Ikore initiatives, inclusive of PR strategy, budget management, material development, program execution, and measurement;
- Oversee a streamlined PR approach for ongoing business development efforts;
- Lead from the front a wide range of media-related and PR activities, such as media outreach, coordination, developing media briefs and documents, media interviews/interactions, roundtables with editors/senior journalists, dissemination of press releases, organizing press conferences and media briefings, intelligence gathering on national, state and local media, documenting media feedback and creating a strong on-ground media network for the client;
- Liaise with the firm’s external PR agencies and members of the business development team and other business services teams to identify client successes, trends, issues, and feature stories for partner commentary, with an eye toward ensuring maximum exposure before targeted audiences;
- Develop and maintain press lists and issue press releases;
- Develop and manage media preparation and training as needed;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with reporters and editors at key legal, business, and trade publications, particularly those in the legal industry as well as the corporate/M&A, white collar litigation, restructuring, investment funds, and IP sectors, among others;
- Provide editorial guidance as necessary;
- Lead efforts on the communications team to ensure timely collection, drafting, and posting of news items regarding attorney speaking engagements, media appearances, and articles to the internal firm portal and/or website;
- Support on a needed basis on drafting and posting news items on social media channels;
- Design and implement an SEO and digital marketing strategy:
- Other responsibilities/duties as they may be assigned from time to time;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or relevant field
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software will be an added advantage
Deadline: 7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete Contact details to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.