S-TEE Cambridge College – This is the Cambridge Arm of the Mainstream school (S-TEE Schools). Our students are tutored on the British Curriculum and Nigerian Curriculum in preparation for their Cambridge Examinations. We are located in Ago Palace Way, Okota, Lagos State. We work with highly trained educators, who most times are British Council certified.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Bus Driver / Pilot
Employment Type: Full-time
- A School Bus Driver’s responsibilities include ensuring that their vehicles are in good shape and observing safety and traffic rules while on the road with students traveling across town.
- Ultimately, you will ensure proper vehicle maintenance and observe traffic rules and maintain order with students on the bus.
- Transport children and other passengers to and from school campus.
- Obey all traffic laws to ensure students arrive to their destination safely
- Maintain a clean and mechanically sound bus at all times
- Ensure the safety of all students when entering and leaving the bus.
- Assist students with getting on and off the bus as needed.
- Engage with students as they enter and leave the bus.
Requirements and Skills
- Candidates should possess an S.S.C.E qualification with 10 – 31 years relevant work experience.
- Proven work experience as a School Bus Driver or similar role
- Clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or traffic citations within the last five years
- Two or more years of experience working with children preferred
- Ability to carry out assigned route on time
- Must have a Valid Drivers Licence.
Frequently asked questions:
What does a School Bus Driver do?
- The School Bus Driver is in charge of ensuring that children are safe during their commute to and from school.
- They make sure students board, assist those with disabilities and ensure the safety of students while on the bus until they reach their final destination.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a School Bus Driver?
- The primary responsibility of a School Bus Driver is to follow the traffic laws and respect other drivers on the road to ensure students arrive safely to their final destination.
- School Bus Drivers need to stay alert while driving to avoid accidents with other vehicles on the road.
What makes a good School Bus Driver?
- A good School Bus Driver must be patient, attentive and have excellent decision-making skills to make fast decisions in a high-stress environment.
Who does a School Bus Driver work with?
- A School Bus Driver typically works with his co-pilot/ bus attendant in his bus andthey communicate with other education professionals like Teachers, Principals, and Dispatchers to ensure they follow the correct route.
- They may also engage with students on their bus.
Deadline: 22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Letter of Application and updated CV in MS Word format to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.