Ikore International Development Limited (Ikore) is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Manager
Employment Type: Contract
Job Type: Consultant
- Ikore International Development in partnership with a private sector partner, implementing development projects in the North East (NE) of Nigeria is working with smallholder farmers to alleviate the effect of the economic downturnfromthe shock encountered from poor access to finance and technology resources by smallholder farmers and processors that have become compounded by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown that brought their activities to a standstill.
Project Overview and Role
- The project covers mobilized and existing smallholders’ male youths’farmersand female processors in the NE, build the capacity of agricultural extension workers, lead farmers and private sector-led Agro-allied partners to increase the flow of timely agronomic extension messages for improved farming and processing techniques, thereby increasing productivity, quality of farm produce and reducing the hardship and impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
Ultimately, the project will:
- Enable youth, especially young women to engage in sustainable livelihoods;
- Create an enabling environment for smallholder/rural farmers to access markets where they achieved improved yields within a single cropping cycle and were thereafter able to, on their own, carry out more successful production and processing activities;
- Support for smallholder farmers to complete dry and wet season production, through the provision of in-kind input grants, capacity building (in farm production, processing, and waste management);
- Foster access to critical resources for vulnerable rural groups (young women and unemployed youth) that are financially excluded and lacked the capacity to procure the needed inputs for farming to stimulate increased productivity and income.
- To effectively manage and implement this project, we are seeking the services of a State Project Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The state project manager as a consultant will be in charge of the project activities in the state and report directly to the Project Director and Donor.
- The consultant will coordinate the activities of the project associates, extension officers, and smallholder/rural farmers in Adamawa State.
- Support in coordinating the activities of the smallholder/rural farmers and extension officers.
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring compliance with the Donor’s policies.
- Support in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, implementation plans, and activity budgets.
- Give support in ensuring the availability of technical resources and integrate their efforts into overall project management.
- Keep track of the project performance and provide regular updates to the State Project Manager on the implementation.
- Remain informed on the program implementations by ensuring strict adherence to the current best practices.
- Participate in the daily situation of the project and provide project updates to the state project manager.
- Keep track of the project progress and update the state project manager on the project implementation
- Work with the extension officers to oversee capacity-building activities for the farmers in focus locations in Adamawa.
- Provide support to and coordinate the activities within the Donor’s guidelines and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Degree in Business Development, (Agric) Economics, and Agronomy.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Experience leading a small team that requires a coordination function
- Proven experience in project development, planning, and facilitating technical training.
- Project Management Certification will be an added advantage
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Liaise with multiple players, coordinate activities, and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, farmers, and extension officers.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and Outlook at minimum.
Deadline: 7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete Contact details to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.