United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration
Job Type: Permanent
- To manage and administer UNIX server as well as storage servers for optimal performance and 100% availability.
- Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies.
- Build a trusting relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official).
- Obtain mutual agreement on the resolution of issues, meetings required and the delivery of inter-dependent outputs and results.
- Compile a database indicating the role players, expected outputs, contact details, type of agreements, skills inventory, and succession planning.
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements within the allocated time frames.
- Attend Human Resources strategic meetings to provide feedback from the business to be taken into consideration when strategies are developed.
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server.
- Design, install and configure the UNIX servers and requirements need of the applications.
- Periodically tune and optimize UNIX systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers.
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
- Administering of Enterprise Storage Systems (DS)
- Administering Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series.
- Create LUNs from Storage.
- Re-distribute storage utilisations on servers.
- Work with Assigned customer engineer from OEM on Software and hardware calls.
- Monitor the correct implementation and usage of the system to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure that firmware on both Operating System and Hardware are carry out to advert services breakdown.
- Proactively alert the OEM for replacement whenever there is failed component on the infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Unit Head.
- A First Degree in IT related field
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of administering UNIX and managing storage servers. Has working knowledge of SQL and data backup & recovery skills. A good team player who is personable and solution-driven.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Windows Operating System Platform.
- UNIX (AIX, LINUX, CENTOS) OS Platform.
- Application Aware Backups.
- ORACLE Database
- SQL Database
- Exchange Mailbox
- SharePoint Database
- VMWARE, HYPER-V, CITRIX, AZURE and AMAZON (AWS) platforms
- Data Backup & Recovery Skills
- Storage Administration and Management.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, Vmware, Centos, Ability To Work Under Pressure, Azure, Backups, Sharepoint, Citrix, Linux, Succession Planning, Excel, Communication Skill, Aix, Unix, Sql, Oracle, Software Configuration, Work Independently.
What We Expect From You
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets, so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Deadline: 31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online