United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Wintel Virtualization
Job Type: Permanent
- To administer and manage the bank’s virtual infrastructure for optimal performance and prompt execution of the BCP calendar as well as manage relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the implementation, configuration, deployment, and ongoing support of the VMware vSphere server infrastructure hosting enterprise applications.
- Setup, Install and configure ESX servers.
- Setup and configure HA, VMotion, DRS.
- Install Linux VM / Windows Guests and P2V migrations.
- Support and administration of file share server.
- Day-to-Day System Administration of VMware, Linux, and Windows Servers.
- Prompt execution of BCP calendar.
- Continuity of Business Management Tests – Alternate Site Test/Call Tree Test/Walkthrough Tes.
- Manage business continuity and disaster recovery operations and ensure there is 99.99% service availability and zero data loss in the event of disaster events for the VM infrastructure.
- Ensure hardware upgrades, maintenance, and all environmental changes (such as Servers, Switches, and Storage Systems) with the appropriate vendor as required.
- Ensure prompt deployment of hardware infrastructure for solutions as may be demanded by business.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Develop technical and operations standards, procedures, technical documentation, and metrics related to VMware vSphere.
- First Degree in an IT-related field.
- Mininum of 3 years of related experience.
- Proactive, Vmware, Disaster Recovery, Ability To Work Under Pressure, Relationship Management, Attention To Detail, Management Skill, Banking, Linux, Excel, Communication Skill, Windows Server, Documentation, Work Independently.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge in setting up & the configuration of ESX servers, and VMotion as well as possess good Linux skills.
- Pays attention to detail, has good vendor relationship and management skills, ability to support and troubleshoot issues, and is a good team player.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Banking Operations, Policies, and Procedures.
- Vendor Relationship Management.
- Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- IT Support.
What We Expect From You:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationships.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Deadline: 31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online