Riparian Farming Limited (RFL), a subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Holding Company (ARM HoldCo.), is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vegetable Agronomist
Location: Ogun, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- Establish and manage all vegetables and fruits agribusiness (V&F) matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Train selected candidates on all V&F matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Deliver agreed revenue, cash-flow and profit targets as set out in the business plan from time-to-time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow strict management, operational and monitoring programmes w.r.t. the seedling nursery, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related matters.
- Execution and monitoring the performance of his direct area of responsibility on an ongoing basis against approved programmes and budgets.
- Maintain compliance with ARM rules and procedures and to maintain compliance with regulatory statutes and authorities.
- Applicable Academic certifications in fields such as Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science etc.
- Additional vocational qualification in fresh vegetable crop production will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ extensive experience in practical large-scale commercial vegetables and fruits agribusiness operations across Sub-Saharan Africa especially Nigeria or similar economies.
- Demonstrated expertise in intensive V&F production systems in line with approved plans.
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of medium to large scale irrigated and mechanized commercial vegetables and fruits agribusiness, including but not limited to:
- Bush clearing
- Land preparation
- Seedling production
- Irrigated vegetable crop production
- Rainfed vegetable crop and pasture production
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Farm Record Keeping
- Analytical Thinking
- Result Orientation
- Problem Solving / Entrepreneurship
- Intercultural Competence
- Relationship Building for Influence
- Effective Communication
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online