The Riverbank School – We are committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavor. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual child.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Class Teacher
Job Type: Full Time
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning.
- To assist in planning and preparing lessons in order to deliver the National Curriculum ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenges and high expectations.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and wellbeing.
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Complete diaries, log books and anecdotal recordings.
- Log in homework books.
- To prepare appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- To take class registers at the beginning of each lesson and refer any attendance concerns to the Class Teacher.
- To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
- A good First Degree in Education with 1 – 3 years work experience.
- PGCE/ PGDE is an added advantage.
- Evidence of in service professional development is desirable
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to deliver dynamic and effective lessons
- Suitability to work with children.
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- Knowledge of local and international statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
Deadline: 31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.