Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less.
Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Central Control Room Operator
Job Code: DJOB
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Function: Cement Manufacturing (jobs in plants / other industrial sites)
Contract Type: Regular – Full-Time
Local / International: Local Employment
- Central Control Room Operator primary objective is to organize and coordinate the production shift team to produce good quality product taking cognizance of safety, efficiency, effectiveness, quality and cost per tonne.
- To operate the equipment according to Lafarge Best Practice putting in mind the Safety of Personnel and Equipment
- Control all major process lines within the cement manufacturing operation including equipment commissioning, starts- ups, shutdowns, and emergency condition management as per established SOP’s in order to meet production requirements.
- Monitor continuously, all plant process lines using all available tools to ensure employee safety, stable equipment operation, equipment integrity within prescribe design limitations, operating targets, and environmental regulations
- Contribute to maintaining equipment in good working condition by complying with the instructions of use and by regular monitoring of the equipment and advising the maintenance department if need be.
- Ensure protection of environment in compliance with group standards within the fields of activities.
- Co-ordinate with production fieldsmen for smooth operation of the plant.
- To maintain the quality within the range as defined in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Monitor the production results (production amount, energy consumption, etc.) in order to meet the agreed Plant KPIs
- Follow operational procedures (SOPs) in the execution of all tasks in the plant
- Operates all equipment within Lafarge and local environmental protection standards.
- Directs the activities of Patrollers, Process assistants and mobile plant operation.
- Directs “break-down” and problem solving activity including troubleshooting and determination of related overtime staffing needs.
- Follows continuous quality monitoring and make necessary adjustments to system(s).
- Serves as liaison with Automation Engineer regarding problems on major equipment.
- Serves as Plant Emergency Response Coordinator in the event of a serious production environmental, or safety incident.
- Champion the development/review of standard operating procedures for Production department.
- Conducts/leads safety meetings with shift personnel
- Monitors all radio communications for problems/difficulties in the Plant.
- Completes paperwork and record keeping as required, including production and equipment reliability logs, work order entry, mill operating report data, etc
- Assists in operational and safety training of old employees and induction of new employees.
- Completes and conducts performance reviews of hourly employees in production department.
- Comply with EMS Production Instrumentation job functions.
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant.
Education / Qualifications
- BSc / HND in Engineering discipline (with Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Chemistry or Physics as main subjects)
- OND in engineering discipline (with Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Chemistry or Physics as main subjects)
- 2-3 years experience in process industry (BSC/HND)
- 5-8 years of cement industry experience (OND)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of operation and control of Vertical Roller Mill, Kiln, and Finish Mill systems.
- Good knowledge of product quality parameters and quality control tests.
- Good knowledge of computer-aided systems for kiln and mill operation.
- Ability to take initiative based on sound problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership skills via work ethics, ability to delegate and motivate, fairness and must be hands-on etc
- Result oriented.
- Team leadership skill
- Good aptitude for organization and communication
- Result-oriented with high decision-making capacity/self-confidence
- High level of initiative.
- Professional proficiency in English Language.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online