Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Channel Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To sustain and enhance targeted gross revenue and gross acquisition in respective SME business by effective implementation of planned sales and channel management strategies.
- To identify and recruit suitable channel partners who will drive the effective acquisition of SME customers
- Ensure adherence of channel partners to all guidelines as this will help ensure their profitability and sustain demand. Responsible for the implementation, acquisition & retention strategy for prospective and existing accounts in the zone
- Grow the usage of corporate products in the states
- Drive the sales of Mobile Advertising products directly and through channel partners
- Create exceptional opportunities to sell non voice products such as data, leased circuit, dedicated internet etc…
- Create opportunities to run presentations of corporate products to SMB /SME all segments in the Zones, directly and through channel partners
- Responsible for SME/SMB account development and relationship management process for accounts in the channel guided by the signed service level agreement.
- Maximize sales through effective execution and implementation of placement and distribution strategies
- Encourage and develop opportunities to have Airtel presence in all RETAIL & SME COMPANIES in the zones
- Visit a minimum of 3 channel partners per week. Such visit should be targeted as ensuring availability of POS materials, reviewing performance against target, reviewing product knowledge of field sales agents and taking corrective actions as required
- Facilitate and coordinate the recruitment, training, and development of Field Sales agents
- Constantly ensure field sales employees are optimally deployed by advising channel partners and dealers on SIM Cards and other products billing on SnD portal, route planning, territory management, etc.
- Co-ordinate with learning & Development and marketing for product, process and behavioral trainings of field sales employees and channel partners
- Work with service delivery and support bill delivery and collection in the zone
- Accountability for ensuring that agreed target are cascaded across channel partners and field sales agents
- Responsibility for managing performance variances and
- Reallocating targets as required
- Timely report of all activities (Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly etc. and as required) o Acquisition – Performance Vs. Target and against all product lines.
- Presence at relevant events, ensuring expected benefits are realized
- Reduce debt portfolio and churn in your segment
- Carry out all other functions as directed by the SME Sales Manager.
Education & Experience
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related course
- 3-5 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & telecom
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing sales channel or Key Accounts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.