Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) was established in 1998 as a non-governmental Organization to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in the Country. The Organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria in September 2004. NEPWHAN is now Seventeen (17) Years Old as a vibrant patient community network in Nigeria. The network formed since 1998 has established structures at the zonal and all States including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and as well saddled with the responsibility of coordinating, supervising and monitoring activities and programs of over 1, 030 support groups membership across the Federation making it one of the biggest Patient network in Africa. Our GOALNEPWHAN has formed constituent bodies; Association of Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (APYIN), Association of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (ASWHAN), Association of Religious Leaders Living with and Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS (NINERELA+) to advocate and provide HIV programming intervention for the specific needs of their targets and members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Location: Abuja (FCT) – NEPWHAN National HQ
Duration of consultancy: 5 Days
Context of Intervention: Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Supervision: Network of People Living with HIV in Nigeria (NEPWHAN)
- In Nigeria, the restrictions of movement due to complete or partial lockdowns led to limited access to routine HIV, TB and Malaria services; particularly in the most populous States and commercial centres that were the hardest hit by the two waves of the pandemic in Nigeria. The lockdown was also associated with an increase in reported cases of gender-based and domestic violence. To respond to this, many CSOs in Nigeria supported vulnerable victims and families.
- The recently conducted mapping analysis of gender and human rights programs led by National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), with technical support from the Global Fund, identified good practices in communities for raising and responding to issues of violence. These good practices include interventions for prevention (safety and security training, for example, for sex workers and MSM, and availability of community paralegals), as a temporal remedial measure. It is against this background that the grant intends to empower the ATM networks and CBOs to better respond to issues to around GBV in a broader scope, through this consultancy.
Objectives of the Consultancy
- To develop, review and adapt standard curriculum and training module
- To develop training slides and presentation for the National and State level training
- To Conduct National level training for Master trainers (ToT)
Overall, Scope of Work
- The Consultant will work under the supervision of the AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria( ATM) networks (with NEPWHAN leading the intervention) to develop, review and /or adapt the training curriculum that will be used during the training at the national and state levels.
- Focus areas for this training include; Medical-legal linkages/referral, psychological support, mental health literacy, and counselling on GBV, ATM/COVID-19 service integration, human rights, gender and legal literacy to ATM clients.
- The Consultant will therefore lead the development, review and/or adaption of standard curriculum and training presentation slides to guide the training on GBV support services.
- The documents shall provide practical guidance to ensure a pool of competent trainers are built at the national and state levels. The documents will be used across the implementation states to train 192 participants and build their capacity for effective delivery of GBV support services.
TOR for the Consultancy: To deliver this task, the consultant will:
- Conduct entry/interaction meeting with the ATM Networks to understand the networks and concept of the project.
- Develop inception report detailing method of work and implementation plan.
- Review and/or adaption of standard curriculum and training presentation slides
- Lead the ToT training of ATM networks based on the modules developed for GBV Services.
- Develop detailed consultancy report.
- Inception report detailing method of work and implementation plan.
- Training curriculum/modules on GBV support services developed and validated for Training of Trainers (TOT).
- Lead the ToT training of ATM networks and other stakeholders on the modules developed.
- Consultancy report.
Knowledge and Skill Set Required
Education / Eligibility Criteria – The consultant is to possess the under listed:
- At least a Master’s Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences or its equivalent; with experience working on HIV prevention programming for AYP, key and vulnerable populations issues.
- At least 8 years’ experience in HIV/Malaria/TB programming and must be familiar with health and non- health sector
- Have experience with strategic document development.
- Have undertaken at least one similar assignment in the last two years on GBV,GBV services and documentation.
- Must be resident in Abuja or its environs.
- Extensive experience in program management with special focus on community level monitoring and advocacy and health systems strengthening.
- Must have vast experience in the development of training modules on GBV, COVID-19, CLM and Social mobilization.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, presentation/facilitation and computer skills
- Strong sensitivity and adaptability in culture, gender, religion, race and nationality.
- Strong computer and other IT skills, including knowledge of various software for processing documents including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to speak fluently, read and write in English
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae, 1-Page Capacity Statement and an Inception report detailing method of work and implementation approach for the consultancy, electronically to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using their Name, Role, Context and Location. E.g. “Peter James Okoh__Consultant_ Gender Based Violence_NEPWHAN HQ” as the subject of the mail.
- Above documents should be attached as one MS Word Document.
- While we encourage potential candidates to apply for areas where they have the most skill, potential candidate with proficiency in the 3 aspects (GBV, GHR and Development of Advocacy Tool Kit) can apply for all the roles and run a consultancy duration of 20 days in total.