Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Management and Logistics Advisor
Ref No: req15008
Slot: 3 Openings
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- IHP is looking for three Facility Management and Logistics Advisors that will work in the IHP embedded offices to build capacity, mentor and monitor all commodity management at the PHCs (pharmacy and laboratory commodities).
- This position must be a self-motivated doer who is not afraid of hard work. This person will capacity of Primary Healthcare Facilities to ensure commodities quality, availability, and requisition processes are sound and timely.
- This includes proper commodities quantification and forecasting to ensure appropriate stock control, monitoring flow of goods, logistical storage and secure handling of all health commodities.
- This also includes proper waste management, waste management monthly reporting and disposal.
- This position will alignment efforts closely with The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support all PHCs in increasing the accountability and transparency of Basic Healthcare Provision Funds (BHCPF) funds and Drug Revolving Funds (DRF).
- Develop and oversee mentorship strategies for all PHCs, in collaboration with the IHP HSS Coordinators to ensure all PHCs appropriately quantify commodities usage to anticipate and mitigate stockouts.
- Ensure quantification and stockout data is shared regularly with the Logistics Management Coordination Units and other State stakeholders and implementing partners (e.g. PSM and PQM+) involved in commodities supply chains.
- Ensure the commodities stockout tools is appropriately completed to provide evidence of the commodities situation.
- Ensure all commodities data collection tools are appropriately completed including: The daily consumption registers, inventory control cards are updated daily and ensure that data is shared with LMCUs and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with PSM, the IHP HSS Coordinators, the Officers in Charge and the PHC Providers to ensure the PSM-Drug Revolving Fund trainings are reinforced through regular training, mentoring and supportive supervision.
- Ensure the Environmental Mitigation Management Plan checklist is used at every IHP visit to PHCs to manage waste management (including safe disposal of needles, medical waste, and expired medicines in collaboration with GHSC-PSM).
- With the HSS Coordinators, support the logistical aspects of the PHC Makeover process, especially regarding the upgrade of the medical stores (this includes ensuring routine immunization/vaccine cold chain is accurate) for DRF eligibility.
- Pharmacist or Medical Logistician Technician
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in supply chain management
- Knowledge and experience working in the IHP supported states
- Experience working in community health
- Advocacy and negotiation expertise
- Capacity building experience training non-pharmacists to manage Primary Healthcare logistics
- Ability to utilize data to for strengthen supply chains
- Past work with the State, the public healthcare sector a plus
- Past work with USAID or a donor (e.g. DFID, UN system) also a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online