Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Massage Therapist / Esthetician
Job Number: 22165037
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Spa
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Provide massage services to guests using props and/or products.
- Provide body treatments to guests using body scrubs, wraps, and/or hydrotherapy.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, and pregnancy) before beginning service.
- Keep up to date with current techniques and modalities related to their field of work.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes.
- Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service.
- Promote and sell spa/salon services including retail offerings related to the Spa.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following Marriott International standard operating procedures for Inappropriate conduct for guests and therapists, leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Maintain current skills and licensure in service area as per regional requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; make sure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online