The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Manager – Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
Requisition ID: req31799
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Job Overview / Summary
- The MEAL Manager for ERD position reports to the ERD Coordinator with technical oversight by the MEAL Coordinator.
- This position is responsible for leading all M&E related assignments and management of the IRC ERD sectors in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- The position supports the development and implementation of the programs monitoring, evaluation and accountability strategy to ensure quality, timely, and accurate information in support of the implementation of sector activities.
- This position will support the review of proposals to ensure that core sector MEAL activities are adequately captured, as well as ensure project logframes are well designed in line with the IRC and ERD measurement standards.
- Lead the development and deployment of ERD Assessment and Monitoring tools
- Work with the ERD coordinator and SPC in streamlining logical frameworks into ERD proposal and business development processes
- Engage in the design, method and conduct of assessment, surveys and research such as Market Assessments, Needs Assessments, Price Monitoring, context analysis, baseline, PDM’s and end line, and also facilitate the commission of evaluations in coordination with colleagues and partners.
- Develop and manage ERD M&E data for IRC annual stats, reports, fact sheets and SMT updates.
- Support program team to manage distribution lists and inventory balancing/stocktaking after distributions
- Identify gaps in data platform usage by program and M&E staff e.g Kobotoolbox, Commcare, RedRose e.t.c. and provide training to bridge those gaps
- Lead on presentation of ERD M&E data during internal and external meetings
- Develop and Manage data tracking database for all ERD project portfolios which are updated in real time
- Monitor relevant assessments and monitoring of Cash Voucher Assistance, in-kind and business grant disbursement activities.
Design and Development:
- Support the sector MEAL teams in development of detailed and coherent MEAL plans that provide
- Logical frameworks
- Functional databases
- Accessible project dataProvide support in establishment and maintenance of monitoring systems across sectors.
- Use learning evidence and data from previous projects to inform proposal design
- In absence of MEAL coordinator, work with sector teams to ensure that proposals are reflective of organizational and donor protocols.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work with sector MEAL teams to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods will be used to ensure data adequacy and completeness
- Work with MEAL and sector teams to track progress on action points related to implementation and MEAL activities
- Support data quality audits and resolve systemic problems in data quality
- Tracking and documenting best practices in monitoring and evaluation
- Supervise ERD MEAL field activities
- Produce quality reports and updating indicator tracking dashboards with key findings that foster learning and decision making and share in project life cycle meetings and teams meetings
- Identify, detail and share lessons learned to improve services and results for our clients.
Data Management and Quality Assurance:
- Review existing M&E tools, systems and approaches and design various ERD data collection tools, lead data collection processes and ensure high quality data is collected
- Advocate for and support the expansion of standard mobile data technology and online dashboards to enhance timeless and quality data collection, analysis and visualization
- Develop digital data collection tools and processes for online data management
- Establish and ensure timely data flow, quality checks and audits and updating of data visualization
- Undertake regular analysis of monitoring data and work closely with ERD technical coordinator to facilitate decision making for real time program adaptation
- Participate in program coordination meeting and progress against M&E activities and budget on ERD grants.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: ERD Senior Manager Indirect/Technical Reporting: MEAL Coordinator Position directly Supervises: ERD M&E Officer
- Coordination: Regional ERD Measurement Officer, Senior Program Coordinators and Grants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Management or any other relevant discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in any field is an added advantage
- 4-5 years of consistent, proven, and successful experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning – specific experience in feedback management will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding or project management in a similar role/with similar responsibilities in a multi sectoral and multi donor environment
- Strong team management experience with sound capacities to work in a diversified team
- Willingness to work under pressure and stressful situations without minimal supervision and without compromising deadlines or quality
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and competency in word, Excel, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox, commcare
- Willingness to travel to field sites under demanding conditions
- Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Competencies in Power BI, ARCH GIS, SPSS is an added advantage .
Ability to Travel:
- 20%-40% of time.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from
- Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti- Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.