Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less.
Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Category Manager
Job Code: DJOB
Slots: 3 Openings
Contract Type: Regular – Full-Time
Local / International: Local Employment
- The Category Manager’s primary responsibility is to drive and be accountable for category performance and initiatives in own Country and others where responsibility has been assigned in the category charter.
- Where and when appropriate, participate in regional or global category management teams representing own Country.
- Participate in the management of cluster categories for the LafargeHolcim group by representing own Country in cross-functional teams with full accountability for category performance
- Develop Procurement category strategies as a member of the category management team that are integrated and aligned with overall global strategies, and with the LafargeHolcim business
- Drive the realization of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in own and other Countries, in line with regional and global strategies.
- Identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Where and when appropriate represent and serve other Countries without direct category management representation for the respective category(ies) and be accountable for delivery of savings in these and own Country
- Drive initiatives and projects, identify and remove potential barriers to success
- Ensure that local strategies are integrated and in alignment with the regional and global category approach and LafargeHolcim stakeholders.
- Align stakeholders through focused change management programs
- In line with regional and global strategies, design and execute strategic projects and targets
- Ensure the implementation and tracking of performance indicators and achieved results.
- Assume full accountability for delivering targeted bottom line results for each category
- Provide regular reports and updates to local, regional and/or global governing bodies (councils) as required
- Ensure that own Country execute the category strategy and actions as required and agreed. Where compliance is an issue, find and eliminate root causes
- Initiating and supporting the RFx processes locally as defined by strategy
- Ensure that the procurement initiatives tracking tool where implemented (PITT) is kept up-to-date for own initiatives and projects
- Where and when appropriate participate in regional or global category teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategy and achievement of targets and results.
- Where and when appropriate represent own Country as a member of the regional or global category teams (participation level determined by Country spend) to establish strategies and initiatives
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in relevant course
- Minimum of 5 years in strategic procurement role (category management, sourcing) with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy to ensure that a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of support services (Commercial, Legal, HR, Finance etc) requirements would be an advantage
Behavioral Competencies / Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English
- Highly effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions, countries, regions and cultures
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the content, processes and delivery channels in the field of the assigned categories
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships
- Expert negotiation skills
- Ability to assess potential and risks associated with supplier and market changes, and integrate with category and sourcing strategies
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data
- Proven ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
- Within Country where applicable and International where and when required.
- Proficiency in English Language
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online