Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager, Enterprise Support
About the Job
- As the global company behind Ubuntu, with the mission to deliver all of open source, Canonical offers mission-critical support and operations for a wide range of open source technologies to some of the most successful organisations and partners in the world.
- You will thrive in this role if you have a strong business focus, an understanding of the enterprise open source support market, and a passion for solving real user problems.
- You will drive the product definition and product strategy for the full-stack enterprise support – from open infrastructure (OpenStack, Ceph, MAAS), through Ubuntu OS, up to open source applications (Kafka, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Tomcat, and many more).
- Product Managers at Canonical must be confident presenters, speakers and writers, capable of generating interest and excitement in our innovation and products. We are data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
- You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on enterprise support and services.
- Product manager for enterprise support for a broad scope of open source services, including infrastructure, Ubuntu OS, and applications
- Ensure alignment across stakeholders
- Generate leads by producing compelling, high-quality content
- Deliver sales training and sales collateral
- Be the voice of the customer
- Identify growth opportunities
Valued skills and experience:
- Industry knowledge of the enterprise open source support market
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Commercial astuteness for pricing and product strategy
- Knowledge of Linux and Ubuntu in data center environments
- Understanding of physical compute – servers, networking, storage
- Understanding of open source applications – such as Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Tomcat.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online