Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Management Lead
Requisition ID: 2022201789
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Director
EpiC Project Description
- Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), a five-year global project funded by the U.S.
- Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control and preventing, preparing for, responding to, and bolstering health systems to address COVID-19.
- While originally designed as a HIV program, EpiC has been modified to accept COVID-19 funding and is currently implementing COVID-19 activities in 45 countries. In Nigeria, EpiC is supporting the following key activities:
- EpiC will support in building the capacity of subcontractor UCS Global towards readiness to receive direct funding to meet the PEPFAR goal of ensuring 70% of funding is to local partners.
- Through the USAID Care Center—which operationalizes a free, call-in service that answers questions and serves as an information clearing house for clients on HIV treatment and for individuals considering other HIV-related services—this activity will continue to respond to the need to expand HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support services to the general population, and to facilitate access to HIV services to traditionally underserved populations such as men who have sex with men (MSM), female sex workers (FSW), adolescents, rural dwellers, etc. and in general, to persons who may prefer to seek HIV information, treatment, care, and support in anonymity.
- COVID programming through several tranches of funding. Key activities include:
- Support the acceleration of COVID-19 vaccination and facilitate integrated service delivery by leveraging USAID’s existing facility and community service delivery platforms and partnerships to advance State and LGA level coordination and scale up mass vaccination campaigns
- Play an advocacy and coordination role identifying state level COVID-19 response and/or vaccination leads to ensure they are not duplicating efforts with their state, LGA or facility level;
- Capacity development and technical support for national entities under the C19RM Global Fund grant to strengthen operations, management, supply chain management including support to state programs and logistics officers in forecasting and quantification for emergency response planning, including modeling of annual supply plans at the sub-national level as well as oxygen ecosystem coordination
- Strengthen the linkage between the COVID-19 medical oxygen technical working groups at national and sub-national level, scale up oxygen use tracking system and medical oxygen equipment management system, and strengthen the oxygen ecosystem in Nigeria
- Mount a coordinated, strategic response to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on PEPFAR programs and beneficiaries in Nigeria by focusing on preventing, preparing for, and responding to COVID-19, and mitigating the impact of COVID-19 on PEPFAR programs and beneficiaries and support program recovery from the impacts of COVID-19. .
- The EpiC Nigeria Program Management Lead will support the Project Director in the overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring and technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of activities, under the oversight of the EpiC global management team.
- S/he will support PD to collate information and ensure deliverables are submitted in a timely manner to USAID/Nigeria mission, while managing the expectation of FMoH/SMOH, and local partners within the project scope.
- S/he will provide program management leadership to the project and ensure successful implementation of the work plan for achievement of the project’s targets and goals.
- Under the guidance of the PD, the Program Management Lead will provide management oversight of EPIC Project to ensure that the overall project is effectively and efficiently implemented.
- S/he will support the PD to ensure that the EPIC Project’s cooperative agreement related deliverables are completed on time, workplans are closely monitored and state level implementation follow organization policy and are conducted according the approved workplan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the program, program strategies, workplan and program reports related to all components of EpiC’s HIV and COVID-19 streams.
- Facilitate day to day management of the project activities, provide leadership to monitor budget implementation and ensure strict compliance to donor and organization policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of annual work plans and budgets for CO and SOs.
- Ensure timely submission of periodic donor reports that meet donor standards (timeliness, accuracy and quality)
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Manage the design of subproject activities as directed including the preparation of budgets, implementation schedules, and evaluation criteria.
- Ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of subprojects to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to donor requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Support the PD to ensure timely submission of accurate programmatic, technical and financial reports as required including responding promptly to all requests from USAID.
- Support duties related to the management of human resources including analysis of staffing needs and resources, development of position descriptions, mentoring, and capacity building.
- Support the PD to coordinate closely with other FHI 360 projects in the region, with international and national NGOs and other implementing partners to strengthen the quality of HIV and COVID programming in Nigeria.
- Liaise with the technical, program, finance team and consultants to examine challenges in achieving targets, help PD to design potential innovations from other EpiC or regional programming, and test these innovations in Nigeria.
- Support PD to advocate for the EpiC Nigeria program by amplifying USAID/Nigeria’s work with key stakeholders including the MoH, through collation and packaging of program results and outcomes to advance the objectives of the program, and HIV and COVID programming, in Nigeria.
- Support PD in ensuring high level oversight of budget development and track spending to ensure burn rate and pipeline are on track; support re-programming funds as needed based on program needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA / BL in Social Science, Statistics, Mass Communication, Monitoring & Evaluation, Pharmacy, Law, Public Health or a related field, with 11-13 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. At least 3 years experience in PEPFAR/USAID funded projects.
- PHD or similar degree with 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience. OR
- MS/MA/LLM/MPH in social science, statistics, mass communication, monitoring & evaluation, pharmacy, law, public health or related field, and a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience. OR
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID requirements.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online