Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Rabah LGA, Sokoto
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Sokoto State – The Humanitarian Cash Transfer in Rabah LGA, Sokoto State, Northwest Nigeria Project is tailored to potentially enable eligible households improve the nutritional status of children affected by Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) in Rabah LGA.
- Strengthening financial security of vulnerable households through cash transfers and associated monitoring mechanisms have the potential to improve dietary diversity, increase recovery from SAM, improve access to integrated health and nutrition services, hygiene, and income generation.
- As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Project Manager will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities following national, state, funding agency and organization’s guidelines and requirements.
- S / He will be responsible for providing direction, coordination and support to the Program Team Leads, namely the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Unit and Team Lead, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and their team members.
- The Project Manager will ensure the smooth implementation of projects and the achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of new ideas and projects to meet the organization’s objectives, goals, mission and vision
- Supervise and support the program Team Leads and their team members by providing technical and strategic guidance, program direction, input and feedback.
- Serve as technical lead on developing project proposals and concept notes for new program ideas in collaboration with Team Lead, Strategy, Development and Learning.
- Ensure that interventions are tailored to meet the needs and promote adolescents and young people’s rights, particularly adolescent girls and young women.
- Provide management oversight for ongoing programs, ensuring that all projects are managed to budget and achieve the planned results on time based on organizational policy and donor requirements.
- Coordinate the development of annual organizational programs work plans and budget.
- Provide regular program and operational/financial reports to the Executive Director and Board Programs Committee
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with program partners and stakeholders.
- Oversee program/project-related monitoring, evaluation and learning process.
- Report monitoring and evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program as appropriate.
- Develop technical documents, including training guides, manuals, booklets etc., to aid the implementation of programs at the field level.
- Review and approve all organizational program reports submitted to external partners and donors.
Staff Management and Team Work:
- Deputize for the Executive Director or other colleagues as required.
- Facilitate shared learning and joint initiatives about programme implementation of activities.
- Support the development and realisation of program monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as knowledge management outcomes by promoting documentation and sharing of lessons learned.
- Work with the Executive Director to cultivate and manage donor relationships and partnerships.
- Nurture an open and collaborative work environment that encourages learning, productivity, accountability, flexibility, respect, non-discrimination and communication.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select qualified program staff.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Board Program Committee.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and HR staff to carry out annual performance appraisals of program team members and develop capacity building plans.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply UNICEF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles
- A Degree in Public Health, International Relations, Nutrition and Dietetics, Gender Studies, International Development, or related field. An advanced degree is desirable but not required for this position.
- Must have 5-7 years of advocacy / program experience required. Experience in influencing the policy and practice of governments and institutions through campaigning, advocacy and/or policy development is a plus.
- The Project Manager WILL be based in Sokoto.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, policy development and fluent written/spoken English
- Experience working with local NGOs required
- Experience working and building collaborative relations with members of civil society, government, academia, and the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative as well as develop and implement programs
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to lead, inspire, manage, coach and mentor staff at both individual and collective level.
Deadline: 30th September 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly re-apply
Leave a Reply