Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Responsible for maintaining integrity and operational suitability of all Applications/software (including 3rd party applications & internally built). Also responsible for SharePoint & Application Development
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain integrity and operational suitability of all Applications/Software
- Develop applications and system tools
- Back-up/restore/develop all system applications and databases
- Troubleshoot all application-related issues
- Other task assigned by line manager
- Hardware, software and application support for workstations, printers, and other end user devices
- Installation and troubleshooting Windows and Linux OS and applications
- Backup and restore operations, administration, and reporting
- Maintaining ICT systems databases and documentation
- Perform system hardware/software/network installation, setup, configuration and administration for internal use or for clients
- Provide system support to project teams and users
- Support internal system and network day-to-day operation and administration, including cloud, VM, server, and other platforms
- To troubleshoot server and related issues
- To coordinate and work with partners and other teams meet project delivery requirement
- Graduate Degree in an ICT related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in ICT Information Systems implementation and support, in a medium to large-scale organization.
- Trainings and/or certifications by accredited ICT (online) school, college or institute
- Microsoft Certified Professional and/or Technology Specialist (MCTS) for Windows Server Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Applications, (Network) Infrastructure, Active Directory Configuration
- Proficient in data architecture (data gathering, structure, content and significance, tools and technologies).
- Proficient in software development, programming and scripting.
- Good experience in cloud (MS Azure, AWS,), virtualization (VMware, Virtual Box), Network (TCP/IP).
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux and other operating systems
- Thorough understanding of Internet protocols.
- Advanced knowledge in network architectures and networking hardware configurations
- Advanced knowledge in security and Linux firewall implementations
- Advanced knowledge in software configurations, preferably with the following: Apache, PHP/ASP, Perl and others
- Expert knowledge in database design and administration (MS SQL, MYSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Advanced skills and experience on back-up/restoration/disaster recovery design and implementation
- Must be able to create script to automate various processes
- Knowledge in OSS (RADIUS, Billing systems, DHCP, etc)
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
- Willing to perform work or support outside office hour
- Highly motivated and resourceful
- Must be a team player and be able to prioritize different request and requirements
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- Scripting and programming skills
- Good understanding of systems engineering methodology and practices
- Solid understanding of project life cycle management
- Database administration
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online