Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations Office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners, and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
ECEWS under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact is recruiting qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Art – Nurse
Locations: Ebonyi and Imo
Level of Effort: Full Time
Reports to: the OSS Clinician in respective States.
Overall Job Function
- Provide comprehensive triage (in-clinic and/or mobile) and clinical assessment service to clients resulting in safe and appropriate clinical decisions that reflect their healthcare needs.
- Facilitate the triage process using clinical knowledge and appropriate interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
- Initiate appropriate nursing interventions (e.g. first aid and emergency interventions) to improve client outcomes and secure the safety of clients and clinic staff.
- Make recommendations for care utilizing approved SOPs and protocols
- Ensure continuous reassessment and management of clients who remain in the waiting room commensurate with their condition and time frames determined by the assigned care category.
- Schedule client appointments for routine or follow up care and treatment
- Where referrals for other healthcare services are necessary, support arrangements for the appropriate service via the appropriate referral system
- Provide accurate healthcare information and self-care/health improvement advice to meet the holistic and therapeutic requirements of the client
- Provide appropriate education to clients regarding medical terms and procedures
- Act as the client advocate during the assessment process, identifying potential risk factors for clients (including GBV and other welfare issues) for referrals the appropriate service following agreed processes.
- Deal professionally and sensitively with highly personal, delicate, confidential and sometimes complex issues.
- Create new medical records including clients’ demographic information and other relevant parameters.
- Maintain master client index by completing assigned sections of daily audit trail; correct and communicate problems according to established procedures
- Document accurate and concise clinical summary that outlines reasons for visit, decisions reached, relevant client history and follow up appointments with timescale given to client.
- Monitor and report weekly enrolment.
- Maintain records availability by processing files into the department; using file mark-off procedures; facilitating file location activities.
- Retrieve medical records by following file-out procedures
- Deliver files to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures including computerized/automated file sharing
- Maintain accurate computerized and paper triaged assessment records
- Maintains quality results by following data SOP.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client records information confidential.
- Serve and protect the clinic by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
- Track file-out procedures and document reasons files cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
- Keep health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Support the monitoring and reporting of medication errors, suspected adverse reactions to medicines, and other medication-related events
- Actively participate in identifying Health and Safety risk issues
- Participate in quality improvement through ongoing involvement in internal and external clinic quality assurance processes
- Participate in research processes to audit and evaluate triage practices
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to conduct research (qualitative and quantitative) surveys on service delivery outcomes for HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the Head Quarters on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
- Support the development of budgets and work plans, as appropriate, for clinical services in the state.
- Support the accountability process in compliance with FHI 360 GF financial rules and regulations
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by the PR/SR
- Degree in Nursing / Midwifery and A Degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Experience in providing Key Population services and or comprehensive Reproductive Health services (2 years + preferable).
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS and SRH
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- KP Experience will be an added advantage.
- ECEWS has a competitive compensation package.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit: via: firstname.lastname@example.org using your Full Name, the Position of Interest with Preferred Location as the subject of the mail.
- Application must explicitly state your Full names, the Position of Interest with prefered Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS has an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.