The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
ECEWS under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact is recruiting qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Manager (OSS)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Support clients to access all community services including HIV care, treatment and support services, STI screening and PrEP.
- Support community-level ARV refill along the differentiated model of care.
- Elicit and document PNS of all HIV positive index KPs
- Ensures HTS are provided for all eligible contacts of index clients
- Ensures enrolment and initiation of ART for all positive contacts of index clients
- In liaison with the adherence counselor, ensures regular monitoring of treatment adherence, community tracking of defaulters / lost to follow up clients and facilitate their return to care.
- Provides treatment education, adherence counselling and peer support to assigned clients at health facilities and community following the adherence support schedule.
- Facilitates active referrals of clients to treatment through escort services.
- Reports and refer clients with adverse drug reaction appropriately.
- In liaison with the adherence counsellor, maintains a log of all assigned clients contacts (descriptive addresses and phone numbers) and keeps comprehensive records of clinic appointments and interventions carried out to support them on retention.
- Supports documentation of interventions in adherence services, monitoring and tracking tools for general and priority population.
- Sensitize clients on the differentiated refills for stable clients.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect privacy, and preserve the clients’ routine and independence as much as possible.
- Must have experience in similar positions (1-2years)
- Basic Knowledge of HIV and AIDS
- Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
- Literate in both English language and local dialect.
- Must be a KP member preferably MSM, FSW PWID & TG
- Must be based in advertised location.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word Document explaining suitability for the position to the Human Resources Unit through: firstname.lastname@example.org using their Full Names, Job Title and their preferred Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.