FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small-scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Owerri, Imo
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: The Information Technology Manager
- FINCA Nigeria seeks to employ an experienced individual with a good knowledge of database designs as a Database Administrator.
- The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing the planning, coordination, utilization, and administration of Oracle relational databases, MS-SQL relational databases, Sybase databases, and Management of Information System (MIS) databases, other files, organization, and access methods.
KPI / Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends database management systems, hardware platforms and data distributions to be used in system implementations, including those operating on a 24 hour basis.
- Assigns and controls names used for the various portions of data base to include, transaction codes, elements, tables, records, schema and sub-schema.
- Ensures adequate security safeguards are in place to control access to all databases.
- Ensures the integrity of database files through the daily monitoring of database backups, logs, journals and transaction statistics.
- Oversees the proper distribution and controlled replication of data across Disaster Recovery (DR) sites and databases.
- Plans and executes performance tests of physical data base designs.
- Allocates disk space for new data tables and monitors space utilization for existing data tables.
- Makes adjustments to table sizes and locations to ensure efficient use of resources and to optimize performance.
- Manages schema and sub-schema libraries, and responds to requests for data views.
- Implements database backup and recovery plans, and performs database recoveries and coordination with other areas of the IT department.
- Monitors and reviews operating statistics for conformance to performance standards and overall system performance goals.
- Maintains documentation about test and production database environments to help resolve potential production problems.
- Prepares periodic reports on the status of all database systems to including performance data, economics data and database usage.
- Supporting Core banking database systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Oracle / MS SQL / Sybase DBA certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities with source control systems and team collaborative software/database development and knowledge management.
- Demonstrated abilities with server and data storage hardware concepts with ability to conduct basic hardware and software sizing.
- Experience with database support and development tasks in both a transactional and DSS environments.
- Knowledge of programming in SQL, PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Training and mentoring junior DBAs who report directly to the incumbent.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proven success as a team player having extensive experience in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven abilities of technical writing and documentation.
- Proven ability of translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Proven ability to provide solutions to complex technical problems in a creative and analytic manner.
- Experienced based skills in training and mentoring.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills of English. The ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent capacity to present and to explain the information, influence and persuade others, as well as promote understanding and consensus.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks.
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment self-confidence and initiative.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines.
- Hard working self-starter with initiative.
- Willingness to relocate and work in Imo State.
- Good knowledge and communication relationships with business staff and colleagues.
- Applications Support Officer.
- Systems Administrator.
- Global Database Administrator
- Third Party Vendors
- Others as required by the job.
Deadline: 11th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Database Administrator” as the subject of the mail.