INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Officer – TSFP
Locations: Bama, Magumeri and Damasak – Borno
Career category: Program/Project Management
Theme: Food and Nutrition
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator/Nutrition Activity Supervisor, the Food Security Field Officer (TSFP) supervises and reports all aspect of the WFP Targeted Supplement Feeding Program (TSFP) project activities in the field.
- He/she equally manages the WFP Moderate Acute malnutrition prevention activities at field location within the framework of the WFP project.
- He/she ensures all activities are done in line with the donor requirements, and these activities are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manages the daily screening of the children with Moderate Acute malnutrition
- Manages the daily tracking and recording of the malnutrition data at the site.
- Manages the TSFP follow up system of all cases of MAM relapse, non-responding & defaulting children
- Ensure effective implementation of the WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP)
- Ensure accurate, complete and up to date data are made available for the WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) activities.
- Review and collates of daily data collected by the TSF Service providers.
- Provision of technical assistance as well as supportive monitoring and evaluation of the WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) activities.
- Supervises the WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) project efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct the daily WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) food supplements distribution activity at the CMAM center.
- Provide technical support to CMAM and IYCF program component within the community.
- Manages the WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) referrals system
- Work with the Community Nutrition Mobilizers (CNMs) on community sensitization on MAM
- Presentation of monthly nutrition progress report
- Preparation of Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports of the TSFP project activities.
- Attends relevant Local Coordinator Group.
- Implement other tasks as might be required with relation to the INTERSOS Country Program in Nigeria.;
- Conduct duties in accordance with INTERSOS Nigeria programme and protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties strictly in accordance with INTERSOS Code of Conduct and the principle of confidentiality.
- B.Sc Degree / HND in Science
- Minimum of 2 years experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / developmental context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical Food Security knowledge of WFP Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) or Malnutrition prevention Nursing;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, Hausa;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Ability to put up with job pressure;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong child care skills.
Deadline: 12th October, 2022 (4:00PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Attach your CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
- ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival.
- INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.