The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Worker III
Location: Iseyin, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Supervise farmers’ extension agents and lead farmers in the implementation of validation exercises (side by side comparisons of cassava – sorghum intercropping treatments) according to the master protocol and ODK forms for data entry.
- Perform planting, fertilizer application, plot lay-out and delineation.
- Manage weeding, monitor pests, diseases and other disturbances.
- Support in preparing field samples for data analysis and participate in field establishment according to protocol.
- Prepare and participate in sorghum and cassava harvests, take plant samples and convey to IITA Ibadan.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- O’ Level with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to use the basic Ms software (word, excel, PowerPoint) for reporting and creating data collection forms.
- Have ability to use ODK forms and procedures to collect and upload data.
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading and speaking)
- Have good driving skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 25th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.