Human Capital Partners is a professional services firm that specializes in the provision of management consulting services covering the entire human resource management value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Admin Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The HR and Admin Manager reports to the General Manager/President with a dotted reporting line to the Managing Director and will be responsible for providing strategic oversight and direction for the Administration and Human Resource function.
- Develop HR Strategies by reviewing existing policies, procedures and practices detailed in the Staff Handbook and other documents.
- Function in an active and influential business advisory role within management to drive business results.
- Perform a wide variety of high level, complex professional human resource/personnel tasks.
- Leverage broader HR team resources to drive change in leadership & organizational development, compensation, and staffing.
- Prepare Admin/HR reports – monthly, annual and/or on-demand – to the Senior Management Team.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by administering contracts and helping to solve work-related problems.
- Advice line managers/supervisors on current employment legislation, policies, and procedures to ensure HR policies, procedures and standards are applied consistently and equitably.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Perform more difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes and grievances, dismissal of employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Develop proposals for amendment and/or the introduction of new policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide specialist employee relations advice and guidance, with respect to disciplinary, grievance, and absence to ensure acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Advise on handling redeployment and redundancy situations in respect of recruitment practice, contracts of employment, terms and conditions of employment, remuneration, resourcing, policies, and procedures to enable fair, consistent, and effective management of human resources.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Manage the company’s recognition programs.
- Facilitate company-wide communications and manage internal information resources and networks.
- Develop communications structure and procedure for information dissemination.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and service delivery for assigned areas of work. Develop and introduce improvements to ensure maximum service delivery within available resources. Demonstrate continuous effort to improve the operations of assigned work areas including decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes, and working cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service.
- Attract, retain, and motivate staff. Manage the Employee Engagement and Retention Process.
- Oversee the recruitment process and ensure candidates fit the role and company culture.
- Process probationary reviews, confirmations, employee evaluations and terminations.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the company.
- Propose innovative and creative measures to address pressing staffing issues in the company at every point in time.
- Prepare, develop, and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records, and utilising the company’s HR Information System (HRIS).
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain organisation staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; advising managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
Training & Development:
- Develop and implement the training and development strategy of the company.
- Determine training requirements, design, and develop training and development programs based on both the company’s and the individual’s needs.
- Design the Company’s Annual Training Plan.
- Develop and facilitate training materials for in-house courses.
- Manage the Performance Management and improvement systems.
- Manage all matters relating to career development, talent management, performance improvement, and employee development for staff members.
- Advise on and resolve performance related issues.
- Perform analysis on key metrics/processes and recommend process improvements that maximize efficiency.
- Ensure all job expectations, measurement standards and key performance indicators are communicated to all staff of the company and that they are clearly understood by all.
- Prepare and report all performance measures and results to senior management.
- Oversee career-path processing for employees and succession plan for key leadership roles.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results through manager training to coach and discipline employees.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Manage all payroll matters and administer monthly payroll for HQ, and business (operations) divisions.
- Administer employee files and records to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Implement all activities related to payroll including tax clearance etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly remittances to all related regulatory bodies such as PAYE, Pension, ITF, NSITF.
- Implement new reward components in compensation package.
- Ensure company’s compliance with labour laws, including reporting requirements on payroll.
- Ensure all payroll-related issues are resolved promptly.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Manage all administrative activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ prior work experience in Human Resources or in a related field.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong organisational, Communication, and Interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented thinking and action; Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Ability to interpret, understand and relate complex policies and procedures
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools.
- People / Resource management skills; Highly innovative and creativity.
- High level of initiative; Good conflict management skills; Result oriented; Negotiation skills; High analytical ability and Investigative skills.
- Financial Skills: developing Budgets and tracking Budget Expenses; Process Improvement; Project Management Skills; Presentation Skills and Good Reporting Skills.
- Member of CIPM.
Deadline: 2nd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.