Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Job Number: 22183050
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Engineering & Facilities
Located Remotely? N
Position Type: Non-Management
- Inspect, repair, and maintain HVAC, air quality control, and refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain and conduct daily inspections of the mechanical plant.
- Monitor and control property temperature.
- Monitor and analyze energy and utilities usage.
- Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, and other equipment.
- Assemble, install, test, repair, and maintain electrical systems or electronic wiring.
- Assemble, install, and maintain pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, etc.
- Perform routine pool and spa maintenance.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Reach overhead and below the knees.
- Move in confined or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps and/or a ladder.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online