The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
ECEWS under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact is recruiting qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Janitor
Locations: Ebonyi, Imo and Edo (DIC UROMI LGA)
Number of Persons: 3 (1 Per Location)
- Set up, arrange or remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders or scaffolding to prepare facilities for meetings.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water using commercial cleaning equipment
- Move heavy furniture, equipment or supplies
- Clean equipment such as glassware or metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags or power cleaning equipment
- Clean windows, glass partitions or mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping and scrubbing
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Gather and empty trash
- Empty specialist waste bins and containers and remove to appropriate processing point in accordance with guidance and instructions provided.
- Follow procedures in Bio-medical waste segregation
- Also other duties within the scope of the job title
- Basic Knowledge of HIV and AIDS
- Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Literate in both English language and local dialect.
- Must be based in advertised locations.
- Must have experience in similar positions
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com using your full names, the position of interest with preferred location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.