Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lecturer I – Psychology (NUN-PSY-001)
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Lecturer I with strong personal & professional integrity to join our dynamic Psychology Department
- Ensure that course design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the university and department.
- Lead research and/or innovation proposals and projects with the potential to generate income, to manage project deliverables, deliver outputs and secure impact.
- Work with university stakeholders to identify sources of research funding and lead the process of securing funds.
- Manage the delivery of individual and/or collaborative research projects to time and on budget.
- Apply knowledge acquired from research and innovation as well as scholarship to learning and teaching, and appropriate external activities.
- Lead the production and dissemination of research outputs.
- Lead the design and production of peer-reviewed publications and/or practitioner outputs, and/or disseminate research findings using other appropriate media.
- Make presentations at local, national, and international academic and/or practitioner conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events.
- Supervise research degree students to ensure timely completion and/or undertake the duties of Director of Studies for research degree students to manage timely completion.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A Ph.D. in Psychology or any related discipline
- Minimum of 6 years teaching and research experience with good qualitypublications in national and international journals.
- Regular and consistent incorporation of innovation into teaching including development and implementation of new programmes especially involving innovative methodologies.
- Evidence of contribution to professional development programmes, designed to improve teaching/learning, develop skills, raise awareness of pedagogic issues etc. or a track record of successful support given to others seeking to develop their teaching or the learning experience of their students.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership with evidence of collaborative research work with academics within the university and elsewhere.
- Administrative skills, as well as the ability to develop and lead activities and staff at the university.
- Applicants must be a computer Literate with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have membership/registration with relevant professional bodies
- Ability to contribute to the achievement of the School Development Plan and the institutions strategic planning processes.
Deadline: 25th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.