Lily Hospitals is a multi-specialty private hospital. We offer world-class services in key areas of healthcare including fertility treatment, cardiology, urology, ophthalmology and pediatrics. Collectively, our hospitals offer a range of diagnostic services including: Magnetic Resonance Scanners (MRI), Advanced Ultrasound Scanners, 4 Slice CT scanner, Digital Conventional Radiology, Endoscopy, Screening Mammography, Advanced Vision Screening, Cardiac imaging and Pathology Services. Since we were established in 1984, Lily Hospitals have grown in both size and scope of services offered. We are passionate about achieving our vision to become one of the foremost healthcare groups in Nigeria by 2020 by continuously improving care and governance to provide a growing number of Nigerians with high quality and affordable private hospital care.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Category: Senior Staff
- This role is responsible for diagnosing, treating and providing preventive health care services to patients in the general population.
- The job holder may refer patients to specialists when they need further diagnosis or treatment.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
Clinical Service Delivery:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Provide medical support to midwives in the delivery of babies.
- Execute minor surgical procedures on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Prepare government or organizational reports which include birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, Family Medicine.
- Adhering to professional and service code of conduct and ethics;
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record.
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including planning and draft budgeting for activities in the hospital.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Hospital policies and procedure in reference to clinical practice.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association.
- Knowledge of general medicine, family care, and other specialist areas of medical practice such as Pediatrics & Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self-discipline and excellent long term concentration.
- Salary is dependent on Years of Experience, minimum of N320,000 (Gross)
- Other Allowances include: Annual Accommodation Allowance & Leave Allowance.
Deadline: 15th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.