Mudiame University is a privately-owned University in Irrua, Edo State, Nigeria. The institution has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria, and is on a mission to contribute to the sustainable welfare of society with expertise in science, technology and business, and through teaching, research and community service.
The University has a vision to be a world-leading institution for technological innovation that addresses the challenges of agriculture and food safety, energy, health, manufacturing, oil and gas, security and transportation on a regional and global scale.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Irrua, Edo
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative (and Human Resources) Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except for financial matters, which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation.
- The Registrar is a member of the University Management, and Head of the University Registry- the repository of University documents/records.
- Directs the daily operations of the University Registry.
- Develops and recommends university policies and procedures; may serve on university planning and policy-making committees.
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining, and reporting of student records e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, and other associated audits while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through Registration and Records.
The person seeking employment as the Registrar shall be required under the University’s terms and conditions of employment to possess the following qualifications:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant higher Degree or Postgraduate professional qualification in the appropriate field(s);
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services.
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution.
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) and relevant professional associations is mandatory.
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources, and a team player. He/ She must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people.
- The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students at the University. S/he must have good physical and mental health.
- The Registrar must not be older than 55 years at the date of assumption of duty.
- Strong analytical skills
- The Registrar shall hold office for one term of three (3) years and may be renewed for a second five (5) years period subject to performance.
Benefits & Perks
What’s great in the job?
- Globally Competitive remuneration package designed to attract top talents committed to achieving its vision.
- Support for continuous academic and career development
- Decent and secured Accommodation arrangement for its employees
- State of Art Facilities and teaching Aids
- Technology-driven environment
- Collaborations with foreign and local institutions
- Research and Development Grants
- Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the University.
- Periodic trainings to enhance user experience in technology
- Recreational facilities are available.
Deadline: 9th October, 2022 (11:54AM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online