African Youths for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) is a humanitarian and development organization with over 9 years of technical experience in design, development and implementation of youths, women and girls focused interventions in Northeast Nigeria. Since 2013, we focus on interventions that improves well-being and influence positive social mobility as part of our vision of change that drives and promotes safe societies where conflict-affected communities are empowered to prevent recruitment and radicalization of women and youths, including their participation in violence extremist activities, conflict, and gender-based violence.
AFRYDEV is working in three major thematic areas of, community engagement, peace building and social mobility with aim of enhancing quality of lives through provision of basic needs and essential services such as food, livelihood, water, sanitation, and basic health care such as Psychosocial Support, Skill acquisition and capacity building initiatives for youth, women, and girls, Wealth creation and access to socio-economic opportunities, Improving youth and women literacy, access to education, including formal and informal education. Employability skills trainings and job placement, Entrepreneurship Programs, access to opportunities for funding’s and start-up resources. Advocacy, Partnership development and Dialogue. AFRYDEV is currently implementing projects in Damaturu, Potiskum, Gujba, Geidam, Yusufari, Yunusari, Nangere and Fune LGAs Yobe State in the areas of Peace building and Social cohesion, Health, Early recovery and livelihood, Protection; Gender Based Violence and Mines Action.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Manager – Gender & Protection
Location: Yusufari, Yobe
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Type: Full Time
Commencement Date: Immediately
- We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Deputy Manager, Gender and Protection who will be responsible to ensure the quality mainstreaming of Gender and Protection in AFRYDEV’s Programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility as Deputy Manager, Gender and Protection on mainstreaming, coordination, supervision and planning activities in accordance with project/funders requirements.
- Provides technical input on gender mainstreaming and/or coordinates technical support on gender-sensitive and inclusive programming in humanitarian protection.
- Maintain effective communication and provide timely and comprehensive update on protection issues to the Program Manager.
- Engage with state and women led organization including local women’s rights organizations and mobilizes collective voice around gender discrimination in the post-conflict setting.
- Proactively represent AFRYDEV and participate in LGA level coordination meetings with relevant Sub-sectors Working Group.
- Facilitate meetings with community stakeholders, community organization including women led organizations and women rights groups to increase perspectives on GBV and address negative social norms.
- Ensure compliance with standard operation procedures on GBV and gender sensitive programming by providing day to day guidance on interventions at field level
- Designs and implements demand-driven program approaches and methodologies aiming toward capacity building, working in partnerships, policy analysis, and advocacy
- Participate in project design and proposal development
- Provide guidance to the field teams to develop a comprehensive knowledge base on all aspects of gender & protection by contributing to gender analysis and situational studies, and advise on the gender-sensitive data to be gathered and the indicators that will serve as the basis of developing effective gender programme strategies.
- Work closely with partners, agencies and civil societies to formulate a coordinated response in other to compile and prepare Monthly 5Ws/quality progress reports.
- Ensure accurate data entry into the protection information management system and the development of an internal database to track referrals of services rendered.
- Support and facilitate different interventions on gender perspectives to ensure coherence and procedures in service delivery.
- Ensure adequate project monitoring and staff training to raise awareness on the cases of gender base violence across project locations
- Involved in collection of data on analysis of sex-and age disaggregation by streamlining the need of women and girls including survivors of GBV.
Collaboration / Ethical Operating Standards:
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with AFRYDEV program staff and the beneficiaries
- Team building and managerial skills.
- Approachable and good listenership skills
- Field Based.
Qualification and Skills
- Degree / HND in a relevant field
- 4 years previous experience in a nonprofit organization is highly desirable
- Proven intellectual capacity and willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure, with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as knowledge of Hausa.
Deadline: 19th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as single PDF document addressed to “African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation, (AFRYDEV)” via: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- AFRYDEV is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate gender, religion or ethnicity.
- AFRYDEV recruitment and selection procedures do not involve any form of payment to the organization, staff and or any assigned third party, request of such kinds should be immediately reported.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.