Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant, Transaction Banking
Job ID: 2200027360
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job: Transaction Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Organising the Head of Transaction Banking and Transaction Banking Team’s Schedules:
- Co-ordinate Head of Transaction Banking’s schedules and Transaction Banking team departmental functions: Meetings, trainings, conferences, webinars and group visits
- Planning and scheduling meetings and managing appointments
- Co-ordinating travel engagements and guest arrangements
- Maintenance of various administrative elements: Org Charts, Trackers, etc
- Business Performance:
- Participate in articulating Transaction Banking’s business strategy
- Analysis of Revenues and Returns for Products
- Preparation of performance presentations for various stakeholders
- Tracking performance to budget and identifying risks and opportunities to delivering the targeted business performance
- Analyse and report on the Transaction Banking deal pipeline
- Co-ordinate accurate forecast submissions within appropriate timelines
- Ensure accurate and timely data input quality on all group reporting systems i.e Workbench, Peoplesoft, SQL, Tableau etc
- Business Administration:
- Organise purchase and maintenance of office supplies and oversee expenses for the Transaction Banking team
- Prepare advances, reconciliations, and claims for the Transaction Banking team
- Co-ordinate staff training programmes, initiatives and leave plans
- Engage relevant stakeholders in reconciling the TB costs in alignment with the Cost agenda
- Liaising with TB West Africa Team and stakeholders – CCIB, Segment and Product heads, Tech & Ops, BORMs/UORMs in relation to the TB Agenda
- Tracking, registering, and maintaining database of regulatory directives/circulars
- Risk Report: Assist with the coordination and reporting of the Transaction Banking Cluster Forum.
- Any other activity as required by the Group or Region to be delivered to support the Transaction Banking Head’s targets and the Transaction Banking teams’ deliverables from time to time.
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work with the Transaction Banking team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles, Fair outcomes for clients, Effective Operation of Financial Markets, Financial Crime prevention and The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance with all client due diligence (CDD), Anti-money Laundering (AML) and sanctions policies and procedures
- Africa and Middle East Transaction Banking Team (Segment/Business/Product/Sales Heads, Transaction Banking Sales, Product, Implementation, Business Risk, Corporate Service Manager etc)
- West Africa Business Partners (Finance, HR, etc)
- West Africa CCIB Client coverage teams
- Embeds “Here for good” and Group’s brand and values,
- Performs other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model, behaving with integrity and demonstrating exemplary conduct
- Ensure effective communication of activity expectation and provide quality feedback as required/appropriate
- Ensure the team is updated on performance and business expectations
- Responsible to the sales managers for all around activity/sales performance/compliance of the area team
- An excellent working knowledge of a wide range of financial products available in the market and competitor product placing and strategies
Role Specific Technical Skills and Competencies
- High proficiency level in the Microsoft Office suites (Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good Analytical and Presentation skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and own an initiative in pursuit of business objectives
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Deadline: 14th November, 2022 (10:59:00 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to.
- If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.