The Foundation for Refugee Economic Empowerment (FREE) is a purpose-driven humanitarian and development non-governmental organization that implements a range of portfolio through purposeful partnerships. FREE builds bridges for improved lives for people affected by calamity. Our mission is to support people affected by natural and man-made disasters, especially those who have suffered displacement to be able to get back their lives and livelihoods in no time.
We work also with underserved communities to ensure that they have basic facilities and services. Over the past 7 years, working closely with government, civil society and private sector partners, FREE has reached more than 1,000,000 beneficiaries across Nigeria with assistance in Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food and Livelihood Assistance, Health and Nutrition Support, Education in emergency, among others.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Desk Officer
Officer provides programmatic support to the FREE regional programme portfolios in strategic planning, design, project implementation, reporting, clerical support, and monitoring and evaluating. This includes:
- Supporting drafting internal and public documents
- Supporting drafting progress reports
- Supporting project tracking and reviewing project deliverables
- Managing the documentation of events and projects, including recording developments in FREE’s systems.
- Attend internal and external meetings with partners.
- Taking notes and distributing them to the team, as needed.
- Serving as a connector and representative when other team members are unable to be physically present for the meeting, setting up the systems to allow for remote participation.
- Build relationships and liaise with other departments at FREE as needed to accomplish the above tasks.
- Develops and maintains program-related files, documents, and database records.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures to manage the day-to-day operations of FREE.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors and partners.
- Provide program design, implementation, and reporting support to programmes.
- Budget and Contract Management Support
- Supports to administer contracts, track progress toward milestones, receive deliverables and monitor contract end dates.
- Executes the contracting process by supporting the drafting contracts, preparing required contracting information, submitting requisitions, scheduling contract launch meetings,
- processing invoices, monitoring payment processes, and ensuring contract close-out.
- Liaises with the FREE Finance and Procurement teams to track budgets, resolve issues, and review budget and financial reports to help monitor program budgets.
- Ensures quality control by inputting transactions correctly and tracking the budget using financial management software.
- Coordinates the resolution of any problems or delays with the FREE Finance and Procurement staff.
- Generate routine budget reports to help monitor programme budgets.
- Meetings, Events and Logistics Planning
- Makes travel arrangements for staff and contractors.
- Provides substantive and administrative support for meetings
- Arranging for food and refreshments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Management or Business-related field and preferred in Conflict, International Economics or Development, Political Science or a related field is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) or more years related administrative experience, familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Sharepoint, Teams, MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including working with diverse teams, including across cultures
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively both in-person and electronically and be able to adapt communication approaches accordingly.
- Knowledge of program management processes, especially project planning, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent writing skills, including experience with drafting program reports and supporting proposal writing processes.
- Experience organizing public events, roundtables, conferences and meetings preferred.
- Experience making travel arrangements preferred.
Job Title: Database Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- The purpose of the Database Officer position is to actively manage all data-related activities within FREE’s Northeast Nigeria programme.
- The IM Officer is part of the MEAL team and reports directly to the Programme M&E Officer and collaborate with the MEAL Coordinators, to establish and maintain data management platforms that enable effective and efficient reporting and visualization.
- The MEAL information and reports will allow project stakeholders to view and analyse project reach across locations, sex, age, type of service and residency status of beneficiaries served and other real-time progress against deliverables.
- It will also flag shortfalls against intended outcomes, supporting the FREE team to work with partners to adapt modalities and implementation plans as needed.
- Maintain oversight and management of data and information systems
- Ensure necessary partners’ data is uploaded in a timely manner in Arabic and English and is cross-checked and triangulated with narrative reports.
- Conduct timely and periodic (at least monthly) quality checks on reach data reported by partners and work with project team on cross-checking data from different sources.
- Report on any identified shortfalls in reach data and follow up with partners and support them in cleaning and improving the quality of said data.
- Provide the PMEO with feedback on the database and areas of improvement to facilitate donor reporting.
- Design and deploy digital data collection tools on KoBo, Survey Gizmo, or CommCare to support accurate data collection.
- This includes (but is not limited) to form development, testing, refinement and training partner staff on application approaches.
- Focal point for Data Protection Guidelines for FREE’s Northeast Nigeria Programme internally and with partners.
- Support programme in interaction with cluster and working group IM colleagues, including submission of 4Ws, other regular quantitative reporting (emergency response, ad hoc updates), and coordinate in trainings and competency building. Deliver high quality and accurate data visualization
- Lead on the design and presentation of an information tracking system at the programme level.
- This requires the integration of various datasets (across projects) into one platform and ensuring unique beneficiaries are tracked across projects.
- Lead on the development of a holistic digital and real-time dashboard which embeds aggregated data compiled through the information tracking system and visualises achievements.
- The dashboard will also flag shortfalls against intended outcomes, supporting FREE as lead to work with project teams to adapt modalities and implementation plans as needed (using PowerBi or other appropriate platforms).
- Lead on high quality project-level visualisation of output and outcome data for reporting purposes. Contribute to internal and donor reporting
- Develop and/or streamline reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition, aggregation and flow of information in and between projects.
- Assist MEAL lead in the processing, analysis and reporting of data whenever needed.
- Support PMEO and Coordinators in producing annual beneficiary counts by verifying the numbers and uploading those on the FREE Borno system.
- Support in submission of project proposals and donor reports, with calculation of reach and standardising consolidations per sector area.
- Builds the capacity of FREE staff on data systems
- Train FREE staff on FREE’s database and deployed digitised data collection tools
- Support and build capacity of local partners and FREE staff to ensure quality and efficient data collection, storage, analysis, and visualisation is systematically applied and maintained.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant academic background (e.g. IM, Computer Science, software Development, Research, Social Science, Statistics).
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience working on information management systems and data management, monitoring and evaluation, ideally with humanitarian/development organisations.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with PowerBI, SQL and Oracle are strong plus.
- Advanced skills in Excel required including pivot tables, database design, designing dashboards and graphical representation.
- Work experience using ODK or Kobo data collection systems required. Experience with Commcare is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative MEAL systems and tools.
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes and meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality.
- Excellent visual design skills related to clear and accurate presentation of data.
- Good report writing and information dissemination skills.
- Familiarity with the political, social, cultural, humanitarian and donor context of Northeast Nigeria is ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, present, and visualise data with attention to detail.
- Able to think critically about data and information, triangulating and cross-checking data when needed and with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Able to quickly identify needs / gaps and work towards solutions.
- Excellent coordination, teamwork skills and flexibility.
- Ability to guide and support others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Commitment to high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa.
Job Title: Response Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
- The FREE Programmes Division is recruiting for the position of ‘WASH Response Coordinator’ to join their dynamic team. The post holder will contribute to the delivery of effective and high-
- quality humanitarian assistance to new and ongoing crises as part of FREE’s portfolio. The Response Coordinator may also be deployed to provide surge support in aspects such as Humanitarian Response Lead or Programme Manager, depending on the context.
- As a member of the FREE Humanitarian team, to provide active leadership through programme management and support as needed and deployed.
- To develop networking opportunities and represent FREE on humanitarian issues, particularly with key donors
- To ensure that FREE humanitarian work adheres to relevant policy commitments and minimum standards and to promote these.
- Support the Programme M&E Manager in achieving WASH departmental and project strategy objectives.
- Lead programmatic support through planning, preparation and research activities.
- Ensure that project objectives are actively monitored, continuously analysed and adaptable to changing internal and external environments.
- Assist the wider FREE team in preparing humanitarian plan and initiating a timely and effective emergency response.
- Through national assignments, using evidence-based learning, influence and amend humanitarian strategy.
- Lead on the coordination of key strategic activities and events involving various stakeholders.
- Attending and participating in key events, training courses and forums as directed by the Executive Director
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Educated to a Degree level in Disaster Management, General Management or Comparable Scientific / Social Science field. Significant related work experience also to be considered.
- Multi-context experience in establishing and/or supporting the scale-up of humanitarian programmes
- Experienced of developing humanitarian response strategies
- Experience and understanding of WASH interventions and modalities
- Good knowledge of current humanitarian policy issues and the North-East Nigeria humanitarian context.
- Knowledge of key FREE and other Humanitarian donors engaged in humanitarian response programmes (eg NHF, SRF, Unicef, FAO, EU, SIDA), and of procedures,
- accountability frameworks and best practices.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English. Additional languages particularly Hausa are desirable.
- Values – all FREE staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
- complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way. Managerial Competencies
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Job Title: WASH Supervisor
About the Role
- The FREE Nigeria WASH programme is looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced person with expertise and keenness to lead its WASH interventions in Northeast Nigeria.
- The position works under the Programme M&E Officer, and supervises WASH Field Officers and Volunteers.
The WASH Coordinator will be responsible of:
- Following-up implementation and increasing the quality of the WASH Programs in both bases (South and Bekaa) in close collaboration with technical teams.
- The Technical Coordinator will also liaise with both WASH PMs to support on reporting, project design and monitoring of current interventions.
- WASH Coordinator is also in charge of orienting the direction of the Department, aligning the strategy of the Department with the overall mission strategy and the Technical Programming Framework defined at HQ level.
- The WASH Coordinator will be in charge to decide which sub- sectors will be prioritize in the country based on the needs and gaps identified by the teams.
- The position also entails a considerable amount of time spent on nourishing external relationships, liaising with all type of external stakeholders: donors, local, regional, national authorities, working groups and overall representing Action Against Hunger in the country.
- Finally, WASH Coordinator will be in charge of capitalizing lessons learnt and build the capacity of ACF WASH teams, feeding up the future ACF Sectorial Strategy in Lebanon.
- Position Objective 1 – (50%): Ensure quality implementation of WASH activities, providing technical advice and guidance to the technical teams at base level
- Define programme implementation modalities and methodology, from emergency relief to long term actions in collaboration with the technical teams including, but not limited to, technical specifications, BOQs, identification of activities and follow-up and workplans.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to the technical teams when required: program orientation, monitoring, team support and follow-up at field level, ensuring quality and timely implementation of the WASH activities.
- Support, when needed, on the timely procurement of goods and services and budget follow-up of programmes, in close coordination with Finance Unit and the WASH PMs.
- Ensure team’s monitoring and evaluation plan is effective, logical, and moving towards achieving the expected results and indicators of the project.
- Identify, jointly with the WASH teams program constraints and bottlenecks during implementation, propose solutions and support teams while implementation the proposed actions.
- Participate in the development of technical and programmatic tools related to monitoring and evaluation of WASH projects (Monitoring tools, ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports) in direct relation with Programme M&E, Executive Director,
- Objective 2 – (50%): Identification of needs, evaluation assessments and project design – Strategy of the WASH Department
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data from different sources related to the WASH sector gaps in Northeast Nigeria, especially focusing on Borno and Adamawa.
- Design and define needs assessments to be performed at field level and identify WASH needs of the most vulnerable populations across the country.
- Propose cost-effective implementation options and high-impact humanitarian responses to identified needs. Define program implementation modalities and methodologies, from emergency relief to long-term actions.
- Design and prepare WASH interventions in coordination with other Departments ensuring the technical relevancy of the Action by providing expertise, assertive and efficient inputs to each proposed intervention.
- Based on the identified needs and in alignment with the FREE objectives, define WASH Strategy for the coming periods in collaboration with the programme team.
Training / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Public Health Specific training on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in humanitarian context.
Technical specific knowledge:
- Good analytical skills and capability to work in a precise, structured, and detailed manner.
- Must have good drafting and reporting skills.
- Experienced on the development of technical assessment and monitoring tools.
- Significant understanding and experience with project budgets and logistic procedures.
- Good communication skills, diplomacy, and coordination skills.
- 3 years of previous experience in similar position or relevant experience in the in the WASH Sector for at least 2 years
- Previous experience in WASH Programme management in emergencies and Water Governance.
- Experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts, preferably with experience supporting emergency response in Northeast Nigeria.
- Experienced in training and team capacity-building.
- Experience in representation/external coordination.
- English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written). Knowledge of Hausa is an asset.
IT and specific systems:
- Strong computer skills in Office environment and data management. Knowledge of GIS software and KoboKollect is a plus.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- With the support of the Response Coordinator, the Logistics Assistant is responsible for implementing and managing sound Logistics practices in the FREE Offices.
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting Response Coordinator, Finance Officer and programme team in facilitating the day-to-day operation of asset, premises, stores, and communications functions within FREE Offices.
- The Logistics Assistant is expected to work in close collaboration with Finance Officer by providing technical support and assisting daily logistics operations in FREE Borno Office.
Duties, Objectives and Competencies
- Support Finance Officer by ensuring that FREE Borno assets are accounted for and recorded on the Fixed Asset Register (FAR) as per FREE Asset management procedures and policies taking into consideration Donor requirements.
- Tracing the physical counts and update relevant paper works as per standards and requirements set in Manual, including coordination with Finance Officer in Assets checks in FREE Borno premises.
- Support Finance Officer by ensuring that adequate checks are in place for the recovery of FREE Borno assets from staff at the end of their time working for FREE.
- Ensure that all relevant reports, required authorisations and paperwork is maintained up- to-date and on file as per standards and requirements set in the Logistics Manual in FREE Borno Offices.
- Ensure that labelling any newly purchased or donated assets are finalized in timely and proper manner according to Logistics Manual for FREE Borno Offices.
- Support Finance Officer by preparing asset management documentation including Asset Receipt Certificates, GRN, Waybill etc.
- Ensure that adequate stock of accessories and assets are ready to be used in FREE Borno Offices
- Support Finance Officer on asset disposal documentation preparation in FREE Borno Offices.
- Support Finance Officer on raising the asset purchase requests needed in FREE Borno Offices such as A/Cs etc.
- Ensure that FREE Borno printers are ready to use by tracking the cartridges and regular services/repairs.
- Ensure to contact the relevant suppliers for supplies.
- Support Finance Officer on monitoring stock levels of Borno office and houses (accommodation) consumables and running stocks, grocery, household items, kitchen consumables are tracked and ordered in timely manner.
- Ensure to arrange all the activities and requirements for work related and social events, trainings, gatherings when required in FREE Borno Offices.
- Support Finance Officer on finalizing all utility payments for all FREE Borno Offices and premises on time.
- Ensure that all maintenance and repair to FREE Borno premises is kept up and performed appropriately when required.
- Ensure that all regular check and services for air conditioners, printers etc.in FREE Borno premises are kept up and performed in timely manner.
- Support Finance Officer on raising premises PRs such as furniture, construction, maintenance etc. for FREE Borno projects.
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive list.
- The Logistics Assistant is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree / HND.
- At least 3 years of proven experience NGO or private sectors.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Hausa Languages.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages.
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience at working in multicultural environment.
Job Title: Project Officer (WASH)
About the Role
- Under the overall supervision of the Response Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the Programme M&E Officer, and technical supervision of the WASH Supervisor, the Project Officer (WASH) will be responsible for supporting the effective implementation of emergency WASH project in Damboa LGA of Borno State.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Contribute to the review and/or development of detailed work and activity plans for WASH project implementation in collaboration with Programme M&E and in accordance with Programme documents and donor agreements. Monitor adherence to work-plans, deadlines, and budgets.
- Monitor WASH project progress by assisting with the development of monitoring systems for tracking progress in area of responsibility and relevant locations in Damboa.
- Identify challenges and bottlenecks and make recommendations on corrective action to be taken including in the procurement and delivery of WASH materials. Document best practices and share lessons learned.
- Work closely with technical working groups and the WASH cluster including relevant Government sectors and Technical Working Group (TWiG) on Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Returnees, Host community, IDPs WASH needs in the LGA to check adherence to work plans. Contribute to the implementation and periodical review of strategies,. Provide technical inputs in producing the assessment reports and making recommendations for further action.
- Provide technical support on FREE Emergency WASH assistance to affected people including engagement with the WASH Cluster.
- Contribute to the development and maintaining of positive relations with government counterparts, on assistance to IDPs, returnees and IDPs hosting communities.
- Assist Programme Manager and work closely with the project development and communications teams in FREE Office to identify new project opportunities on WASH and provide regular updates on activities for purposes including ensuring appropriate donor visibility and project implementation sites.
- Supervise the WASH unit’s volunteers based at LGA level to ensure compliance to implementation plans. Provide guidance and support to WASH programme field volunteers (including development/revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical notes) and technical support on synergies between head- and field offices regarding staffing needs and the efficient use of resources.
- Check that the integration of cross-cutting issues such as protection, environment, gender, children, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and other vulnerable groups are considered in WASH project design, budgeting, and implementation.
- Participate to the meetings of WASH team at LGA level at WASH Cluster and with the government’s authorities, state representative’s institutions, WASH partners, local and other coordination forums.
- Support the adequate inter-agency coordination mechanisms in the LGA and assist in building and maintaining strong relations with partners, government entities and represent FREE in working group and overall coordination.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Environmental Studies, Civil Engineering, Conflict Resolution, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two (2) years of relevant professional experience; or Experience.
- Experience with roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment;
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the WASH sector; and,
- Experience liaising with donors, government officials and other stakeholders and a proven track record of resource mobilization.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to translate planning and specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision making.
- Demonstrated team building and information management skills.
- Advanced data visualization and information design skill.
- Skills and knowledge on the planning, design, execution and supervision of WASH implementation; and,
- Ability to conduct travel duties freely and frequently in different areas of Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Understanding of relational data theory.
- Proven track record of working with government officials, NGO and communities in the execution of humanitarian WASH projects.
- Knowledge and experience working with UN administrative procedures; and,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
- FREE’s official languages are English. Fluency in Hausa is an advantage.
IT and specific systems:
- Strong computer skills in Office environment and data management. Knowledge of GIS software and KoboKollect is a plus.
Job Title: Gender and Protection Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- Ensuring the promotion of inclusiveness, gender equality and equity is one of the fundamental values of FREE. Furthermore, FREE ensure adequate protection and gender equality in all its programmes, including its WASH projects, which highlights inclusive and sustainable economic growth from a gender perspective, incorporates coaching and mentoring as well as skill trainings, career guidance and linking with the opportunities, with its beneficiaries.
- FREE is committed to effectively mainstream gender into its’ day-to day work and the design and formulation of its programmes.
- FREE also requires its partners to be committed to integrating a gender perspective in all policies, programmes, projects and organizational practices.
- FREE is seeking a mission-driven, experienced and inspiring expert to support FREE to better shape its response Northeast Nigeria and provide staff members and its local implementing stakeholders with adequate gender awareness, as well as incorporation of protection in its response.
Under direct supervision and guidance of Response Coordinator in close collaboration with the Programme M&E Officer, the Expert will be conducting the following tasks in below:
- Gender awareness for the FREE Office to improve FREE’s women-focused programs in Northeast Nigeria
- Review FREE core policies including HR related policies, procurement, communication (max. 6 policies).
- Assess and identify potential gender-differentiated impacts of the programmes.
- Identify most effective trainings and resources to support staff’s gender literacy.
- Deliver the gender awareness training (online and offline) to provide the FREE staff and beneficiaries to increase effectiveness of the gender-focused programmes in Borno.
Required Expertise, Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in Gender Studies or equivalent (Political Science / Public Administration / International Relations / Development Studies, etc.);
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated experience in gender, developing and delivering training
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality, gender mainstreaming, women employment and inclusive knowledge about the cultural background of perspectives approaching to women.
- Good understanding of organizational structures operations and policies of non- governmental organisations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and analytics into insights, stories, and visual representations.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- The Finance Officer will contribute to financial management and programme implementation by providing the necessary support for operational, administrative, and programmatic support.
- This role is open for an initial 10 months and may be renewed based on available funding/satisfactory assessment.
- The Finance Officer has dual responsibilities of supporting the administrative team to maintain proper financial records and the program team to ensure the successful implementation of projects.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Programme, the Finance Officer will support critical activities as assigned and other daily administrative activities.
More specifically, the job will involve the following:
- Support the preparation of financial reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) to ensure compliance with donor requirements and FREE Nigeria’s operations.
- Provide financial information to enable the programme team to make timely project and operating decisions
- Review financial documents and reconcile all voucher-related activities to the ledger monthly.
- Support all audit processes and the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in response to audit inquiries.
- Handling remittance of pension and tax payments for staff
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects.
- Support the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, proposals, writing reports, conducting surveys, designing strategies for interventions, and developing questionnaires.
- Undertake logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for the organization of meetings, workshops, events, and missions as required.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Support school engagement, teachers training, integrity certification program and any other projects as assigned.
Resource Mobilization Support:
- Compile and process information from donors and partners to various databases and documents.
- Identify funding opportunities and support the preparation of proposals to secure funding for FREE Nigeria’s activities
- Support the sale of books and any other materials as assigned
- The Finance Officer will undertake any other tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or any relevant equivalent degree. A diploma in accounting/business with up to 10 years’ post- qualification experience as Finance Officer in a humanitarian organization would be considered.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in either finance, accounting, grants management
- A minimum of three years working in a similar capacity in a humanitarian organization
- Ability to understand and implement government tax laws.
- Proven knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Excellent organization skills and ability to adjust to dynamic situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems and suggest improvements.
- Strong financial and budgeting skills.
- Ability to manage data, documents, and correspondence.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in transparent formats.
- Good knowledge of programme administration
- Strong communication- including good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- A track record of proactive leadership.
- Ability to work and deliver objectives with limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills, including strong proficiency in excel, word and powerpoint Knowledge of using accounting software like QuickBooks will be an advantage.
Job Title: Programme M & E Officer
Duration: This role is open for an initial 10 months and may be renewed based on available funding/satisfactory assessment.
- The post holder will contribute to the delivery of effective and high- quality humanitarian assistance to new and ongoing crises as part of FREE’s portfolio.
- The position is responsible for overseeing programme implementations across portfolio.
About the Position
- The Programme M&E leads all planning processes and under the guidance of the Response Coordinator, guides implementation at all levels contributes to the development and strengthening of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems, including learning and accountability and generation of reliable data for results- based management of the project overall
- To strengthen project implementation develops and regularly updates monitoring / performance measurement with staff, such as quality benchmarks and indicator and performance tracking for FREE and partners’ projects monitors relevant context related indicators and triggers relevant actions for the project operations undertakes
- Oversees regular field monitoring and evaluation visits with field staff to check technical and operational compliance and timely execution of project activitiess vis-à-vis approved plans
- Targets supports the development of improved management information system promptly respond to all critical site/project issues addressed as directed by the Response Coordinator support in preparing high-quality monthly, quarterly, and annual programme implementation reports, documentation, and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned support programme staff to collect and analyze indicators/data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A Master’s Degree or relevant qualification is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post first degree professional experience required.
- Experience working in diverse environments including Northeast Nigeria is an added advantage.
- 5 years of professional experience as Programme Officer or MEAL expert in a similar organization.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Experience working in the Northeast Nigeria humanitarian response would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including team building, coordination, and networking at all levels.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Great command of Hausa would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including team building and strong coordination
- Ability to plan and be organized work independently
- High integrity standards
- Highly motivated and willing to work the extra mile.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their recent CV along with a Cover Letter (no more than a page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Any employment with FREE could be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Criminal records check
- Receipt of satisfactory references.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Do NOT apply for more than one position. Existing FREE staff are eligible to apply.
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding:
- FREE is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom FREE engages.
- FREE expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
- We may request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures
Deadline 4 PM: 6th November, 2022.
Interview Date 9th November, 2022.