Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager – Ubuntu Core
- Ubuntu is the world’s favourite Linux. As the world is moving to software-defined IoT, Linux has emerged as the platform of choice across a wide range of applications.
- Ubuntu has created a line of products & services that address primary challenges such as security and management for an era of autonomous, smart, connected devices. Ubuntu Core is a secure, application-centric IoT OS for embedded devices.
About the Role
This role is about:
- Leading Ubuntu Core through its complete lifecycle.
- Shaping the development roadmap for the IoT stack.
- Engaging with IoT ecosystem and leading customers.
- Enabling commercial success and leading product direction
- Driving go-to-market strategy and execution.
- This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in the embedded sector.
- It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message, and understanding of the challenges of developing and deploying embedded Linux devices.
- We prefer experienced professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful Product Manager will have:
- Product management experience in embedded Linux through its complete life-cycle, ideally with IoT connected devices, including yocto.
- Good knowledge of Linux and the wider Open Source Software community and understanding of computer architecture.
- Understanding of packaging technologies such as Docker containers & Snaps
- Familiarity with relevant embedded software, standards and the market, including trends, ODMs, silicons, cloud service providers and other key players.
- Awareness of Ubuntu, our IoT offering and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities.
- Proven ability and passion to write about technology and the tech landscape.
- Track record of data-driven decision-making.
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online