The Centre for Social Cohesion, Peace and Empowerment (CENSCOPE) is a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting the ideals of self-sustainability, equality and social justice to the members of the society, it was founded in the year 2014 out of the need to give succor and support to the victim of arm conflict and natural disasters in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the holder of this position shall perform the following duties:
- Assist the Project Coordinator to develop and coordinate emergency rapid needs assessments and responses in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Actively participate in preparations of field missions, i.e. prepare documentation required, procurements, travel documentation and ensure that the protection risks and concerns are considered in the mission planning.
- Set up of complaints mechanisms for beneficiaries as both an accountability measure.
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, ensure timely and qualitative implementation of the Victim Assistance activities at field level, in line with CENSCOPE and international standards, and donor agreements.
- Take lead in conducting trainings of community members, partner staff and other local authorities when the need arises in accordance with the work plan.
- Draft Project Monitoring, activity reports, and evidence-based advocacy note on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality.
- Provide functional and administrative support in implementing participatory approaches, needs assessments, monitoring, reporting and case management.
- Support with occasional document translation and provide interpretation support to Protection Coordinator/Specialist during meetings, trainings, and other project activities.
- Establish good working relationships and high level of communication with the Project Coordinator.
- Develop together with the team clear work plans on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare and compile weekly, monthly donor reports on project activities on a timely manner and share this with the Project Coordinator.
- Ensure Management of individual cases and appropriate documentation and filling including inputted in Kobo tool.
- Follow up all referrals and track effective referrals. Liaise with relevant partners to procure services for cases by initiating communication with the concerned agencies for further assistant to the affected victims or individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Social Sciences, Counselling, Education, Development Studies or relevant equivalent disciplines.
- Knowledge of Victims Assistance norms, principles, and activities.
- Ability to work independently and work with a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation skills, and familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies.
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Fluency in the English Language both written and spoken is required, Hausa and Kanuri languages
- Adherence to CENSCOPE values and abiding by the code of conduct and other policies are core.
- Proficient command of the English language (written and oral).
- Knowledge of the local Nigerian Language is desired.
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.
Deadline: 23rd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CENSCOPE operates in an equal opportunity environment and has policies that actively encourage gender equality, diversity and social inclusion, Child Safeguarding, Adolescents and Youth Initiatives, PSEA, GBV etc.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- CENSCOPE does not charge any fee to facilitate any recruitment process