Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales / Key Account Manager (Food Cupboard)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Sales/Key Account Manager Food Cupbaord, you will have the end-to-end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of the category that has been assigned to you.
- Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including vendors and brands.
- Constant interface with the Commercial Planning, Vendor Success & Marketing Teams.
- Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy, working with marketing teams to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Complete Sales performance of the 3c’s Categories, vendors, merchant’s management and monitoring of sales strategies with a view to increasing the Business unit’s Net Margin Position (NMP) & Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV).
- Customer acquisition thru Value Offering, Sales Campaign Management, etc.
- Create and present strategic insights for the Business unit to gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization.
- Analyze & Present post – promotion analysis for retail and Marketplace, quantifying impact to brand and category.
- Define and optimize curation/assortment selection strategy for your category ensuring relevance of selection/styling to optimize revenues and sales velocity.
- Support product and content creation process to increase assortment live.
- Plan and maintain constant stock availability.
- Trend Spotting: Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps.
- Build weekly marketing plan, contribute determining which products/subcategories will be promoted on website and through all marketing channels (Newsletters, Facebook, etc.).
- Develop strong analytics to evaluate daily/weekly/monthly performance and optimize further marketing, pricing, and product selection.
- Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia.
- Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation.
- Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
- Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment.
- Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or in a related discipline from a reputable higher institution. Higher qualifications like an M.Sc, MA, or MBA will be a plus.
- 7 – 13 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to prioritize key accounts is a required skill.
- Process Improvement Management
- Good understanding of P&L, and Cash-Flow Management
- Skilled negotiation & Value-based selling
- Experience negotiating bulk discounts, MOQs & Credit Terms
- Experience building partnership with strategic OEMs.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power -point) tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- Company and customer expertise.
- Strategic perspective.
Deadline: 16th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using “Account Manager, Food Cupboard” as the subject of the email.