United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Middleware Management
- To manage the bank’s middleware and ESB-related applications and ensure 100% uptime.
- Proactive routine maintenance of application servers (ESB).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check and treat all logs/email escalations within the SLA i.e. issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable.
- Routine housekeeping – Backup of logs periodically (daily weekly etc.), clean up space on the servers etc.
- Update the Platform checklist that contains all specifics to be carried out on each platform on said dates.
- Ensure the platforms are up and functional at all times.
- Ensure all user platforms are optimized and functioning optimally.
- Escalate all issues to the team lead in a timely and explicit manner.
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and project remains on track.
- Ensure the timely development and deployment of innovative solutions for the unit.
- Ensure that vendor related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines.
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly Review and reporting of projects, Issues and collection mandates.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Performance Report.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Channel Adoption Report.
- Review daily transaction status reports to identify reasons for failures and ways to avoid them.
- Provide AD HOC reports when required.
- Provide technical support for middleware applications such as IBM ESB, IBM ACE etc. (Installation, configuration, testing, supporting Issue resolution activities related to the design and functionality of ESB.)
- Monitor middleware systems to ensure high availability and 100% uptime.
- To ensure all routine/periodic housekeeping functions are carried out when due.
- Vendor Management – Ensure fluid engagements with all 3rd party support providers (Vendors) to increase content on the platforms and ensure they are stable.
- Deploy, administer, support and maintain middleware applications to enable communication between financial applications on diverse platforms with varying interfaces.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner and success work in Integrated Product Teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- First Degree in any IT-related field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience required
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organizing, prioritizing and tracking all phases of a project.
- Understand how to support applications ran on ESB environment.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on major applications hosted on the middleware platform.
- Strong UNIX/Linux, AIX operating system administration.
- Collaborative skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
- Problem-solving skills: must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation.
- Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Customer experience and issue resolution.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Interpersonal relationship management.
Deadline: 24th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online