First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Projects / Datacenter Officer
Job Identification: 771
Job Type: Full-time
- To ensure that the Bank’s electrical projects are successfully executed in strict adherence to design specification.
- To ensure that project outcomes are accomplished in line with industry standards.
- To ensure availability and reliability of Electrical power, HVAC, surveillance and access control installations in the Bank’s Marina Datacenter, Iganmu Data Recovery Center and Abuja Data Recovery Center.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to the Service Manager (Electrical) on all issues that pertain to Electrical Projects Bankwide.
- Report to the Service Manager (Electrical) on all issues that pertain to Datacenter operations in Marina Datacenter, Iganmu DRC and Abuja DRC.
- Supervise assigned bank electrical projects from initiation to closure, in strict adherence to industry standards (e.g. Nigeria Electricity Board regulations, NSE, COREN, Institution of Electrical Engineering (IEE), ISO, IFMA) and in liaison with Area General Services Managers in their area of coverage.
- Co-ordinate the work plan for maintenance of access control, security surveillance and building automation systems at the Head Office.
- Ensure 24/7 availability and reliability of Electrical power, HVAC, surveillance and access-control installations in Marina DC, Iganmu DRC and Abuja DRC.
- Ensure the implementation of quarterly maintenance of Electrical power, UPS, HVAC, surveillance and access-control installation in Marina DC, Iganmu DRC and Abuja DRC in line with Service Level Agreement provision and compliant to industry standard.
- Ensure that Change Management Process is duly followed for every Change Request initiated with respect to equipment installation, decommissioning, modification or relocation in Marina Datacenter, Iganmu DRC and Abuja DRC.
- Supervise technical staff assigned to work at the Datacenter.
- Analyze internal customers’ requests pertaining to electrical faults, provide technical advice/solutions and initiate proposals for Management approvals.
- Prepare Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (BEME) for Electrical power, UPS, HVAC, surveillance and access-control services in the Bank’s Datacenter and Data Recovery Centres to be used by contractors after it has been approved by Services Manager (Electrical).
- Prepare Request For Proposal (RFP)/invitation of contractors for presentation and analysis of RFPs as it relates to Electrical power, UPS, HVAC, surveillance and access-control services in the Bank’s Datacenter and Data Recovery Centres.
- Monitor contractors’ work plan vis-a-vis actual work schedule, evaluate work done, and initiate process for payment.
- Assist the Electrical Services Manager in preparation of conveyances of Management approved contract to successful bidders/contractors.
- Submit quarterly reports on new electrical projects bankwide, approved by Management, to the Electrical Services Manager. – e.g. Transformers, HT & LV supply panels, Electrical protection systems – such as Lightning Arrestor, Surge protection, earthing etc.
- Prepare/submit monthly reports on electrical projects monitored, stating identified defects for corrections, including progress of work done for escalation to Head, Engineering Services.
- Monitor contractors’ work plan vis-à-vis actual work schedule, evaluate work done, and initiate process for payment.
- Prepare contractors’ quarterly and annual performance metrics for the purpose of evaluating contractors’ performance.
- Implement assigned Service Level Agreement charter in respect of the maintenance of Electrical power, UPS, HVAC and Access-control system for Marina Data center and Data recovery centers at Iganmu and Abuja respectively.
- Maintenance of the Security of all Bank Information in your custody.
- Process valuation certificates, claims, final accounts and completion certificates for newelectrical projects.
- Assist the Electrical Service Manager in liaison with Utilities Companies and Government Agencies such as NCC, DISCOS, NERC, Environmental agencies.
- Represent the Service Manager (Electrical) in the planning, design, and implementation of branch/QSP deployment project as a member of the Branch deployment implementation committee.
- Comply with extant principles and policies as contained in the Information Security Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- First Degree in Electrical Engineering, COREN registration etc. Higher Degrees/Professional Certifications (an added advantage)
- Minimum experience: 5 years relevant experience needed and with at least 2 years in banking environment.
Deadline: 2nd February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply