Osun State University (UMOSUN) was established by the Osun State University (Establishment) Law of 2006. The University commenced academic activities simultaneously on the permanent sites of its six campuses located in the six geo-political zones of Osun State on 22nd September. 2007. The campuses are located in Osogbo, (Main Campus), Ejigbo, Ifetedo, Ikire, Ipetu-Ijesa and Okuku.
Osun State University has the vision of becoming the biggest and the best University in Nigeria in the nearest future and has the goal of developing into a world class institution of learning, given its multi-campus nature and its rapid expansion in the short period of its existence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: Head of Security Services (CONTISS 13)
- Shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor in the day to day performance of his duties to ensure security of life and property on all the campuses of the University.
- Shall provide required leadership to all Security Officers and Security Providers on all Campuses of the University.
- Shall advise and alert the Management in security situations in the University.
- Shall liaise with other Security Agencies in the State with a view to providing security for the University Community; and
- Shall undertake any other assignments from the Vice-Chancellor that will bring about adequate security for the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of good First Degree in relevant discipline obtained from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with thirteen (13) years cognate experience in providing security services in recognized private /public establishment.
- Past exposure/services in security agencies like Nigerian Armed Forces, Nigeria Police, Department of State Security Services or full training in Supernumerary Police (SP)Y), a training organized by the Nigeria Police, will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Qualified retired Officer of the Nigerian Arm Forces, Nigeria Police, Department of State Security Services and other allied Security Agencies with equivalent professional qualifications may be considered and offered renewable contract appointment.
Deadline: 10th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit twenty-five (25) copies of their application and current Curriculum Vitae which should contain among others:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Post applied for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name, Address and Phone Number of Next of Kin
- Number of Children and their Ages
- Nationality and State of Origin (If a Nigerian)
- Local Government of Origin (if from sun State)
- Contact Details (including Mobile Telephone Numbers and Email)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Work Experience with Dates including full details of former and present posts
- Present Employment Status and Salary
- List of Publications (If any)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Any other relevant information that would facilitate a positive review of your application
- Names and Addresses of three (3) relevant referees.
All applications should be submitted to:
Osun State University,
Send a soft copy of applications, Curriculum Vitae and referee reports to: email@example.com
Applicants should request their nominated referees to forward their reports under separate and confidential cover to the Registrar at the above address.
- Applicants should indicate at the top left hand comer of their envelopes the position they are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted to the Registrar not later than the application closing date
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their references are submitted by the application closing date
- Please note that unsolicited applications for positions not advertised would not be acknowledged.