MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer – Debt Recovery, Customer Services
Job Identification: 1857
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Billing and Collections
Division: Customer Relations
- Identify likely to be suspended postpaid consumer accounts for recovery purposes (managed/unmanaged accounts)
- Conduct Post suspension checks to ensure paid-up accounts are active and escalate irregularities
- Conduct Manual claw-back process and revoke of suspension where necessary
- Deploy timely debt collection interventions on Consumer Post-paid Accounts with collectible and bad debt from utilized credit limit to attain divisional/business performance target.
- Negotiate and agree to payment plan terms with customer on aged debt for collections in line with policy.
- Liaise with Key Account Management and Outbound team for customer engagement on collection intervention
- Prepare and dispatch Demand Letters to accounts in Bad Debt and Quarantine.
- Monitor Pre-dunning & Post-Dunning activities before and after soft suspension of customers.
- Prepare and submit key business performance reports on weekly, monthly, Bi-annual and annual basis including other ad-hoc reports.
- Identify Consumer Postpaid ported accounts and deploy recovery interventions
- Identify, log IT issues affecting the Unit’s day-to-day activities and follow through to resolution, averting revenue leakages and achieve the team/unit’s KPI.
- Spool and report indebted VIP Accounts to the VIP Helpdesk team for debt collection follow-up.
- Generate of data file, collate and submit Consumer Postpaid Ageing Report, Debit & Credit positions and MCC Report to the Credit management unit in Finance.
- Generate, Compile, Analyze and submit Monthly Revenue & Collections Report to top management.
- Periodic Identification & Compilation of Bad debt & Write-Off accounts listing to Credit Bureau and delisting of paid-ups via Credit management unit.
- Carry out Validation, Mining, Interpretation & Analyzing of all Business Reports (Ageing/Billing Accounts Summary etc.).
- Ensure daily monitoring & reporting of Revenue Vs Ongoing Collection progress to Customer Relations Management
- Ensure data gathering, preparation, analysis and submission of Billing & Collections Unit Performance Monthly Reports to Management for presentation at monthly review session.
- Participate in Projects, User Acceptance Test to ensure accuracy in execution and delivery of process, product or services.
- Participate in weekly Customer Experience (CEX) sessions and follow-up on issues raised.
- Ensure Consumer Post-paid Bad Debt reduction by year end to =< 5%.
- First Degree in Banking & Finance, Economics, Accounting, Law.
- Fluent in English.
- 3 – 7 years’ experience including:
- Experience in data analysis, debt collections/prevention & management
- Experience in consumer post-paid billing & collections operation
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Prior experience in Customer management and Negotiation
- Experience in managing complex processes and procedures
- proficiency in use of MS Excel and Power point
Deadline: 30th January, 2023 (11:59PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online