Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RAN Support Engineer
Location: Lagos State (On-site)
Employment type: Full-time
- Responsible for RAN network database configuration management, follow up on major escalated failures until resolution, Control the implementation of all job orders that take place within the network, generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI, and follow through on all customer complaints.
- Provide support to regional operation on operational requirement.
- Managing acceptance and signing of ATP documents, JCC and warranty certificates
- Service Provider Service Level Agreement management
- Support the operational interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially deployment, finance, commercial, Legal & Regulatory and Supply Chain.
- Ensure that all regional requirements and deliverables of operations and maintenance are met timely.
- Provide support to regional teams to ensure that all issues raised gets resolved timely.
- Maintain operation network database
- Supervise RAN software roll-out after first node implementation
- Audit Network configuration to ensure that all the nodes are running with latest software.
- Supervise and conduct acceptance test for all the new nodes to be integrated to the network.
- Leading/Guiding the MS team during hardware and software change implementation
- Supervise all special events projects like improvement drives, festival target optimization (Charismas, EID & New Year etc), Bombed/burnt sites restoration.
- Provide support for all RAN related issue coming from customer, CSD.
- Provide technical governance with MS partners.
- Follow up on the reported problem.
- Ensure that all the services providers strictly follow the SLA and report any deviation.
- Validate and sign off monthly MS active.
- Provide Daily/weekly/monthly network reports.
- Measure KPIs of the Networks and report variance.
- Monitor Network node availability.
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Engineering or any related Applied Science field.
- At least 5 years Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
- Technical knowledge on Network Elements (Switching Systems, RAN, MPBN and SIGTRAN)
- Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
- Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, ZTE, Huawei, NSN etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.