Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Banking Manager
Job ID: 2300002385
Employee Status: Permanent
Job: Retail Banking
- The Digital Banking Manager is responsible for managing the BAU activities of the digital banking channels which include; Online Banking, SC Mobile, Country Website and providing an overall facilitation of resolution for all digital channel issues that may hamper optimal utilisation.
- The Digital Banking Manager will also be involved in overseeing digital project implementation, User Acceptance & Verification Test (UATs & UVTs) and carryout digital channel analytics.
- As may be required, provide support on the management of other digital banking channels – Digital Onboarding, ATMs, USSD Banking and SMS Banking to achieve the targeted objectives of the Digital Banking team.
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
- Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
- Quality of delivery, documentation, and process
- Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
- Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
- Recommend areas of business process improvement and efficient digital channels management system
- Research local and global trends for best practices and make recommendations to Group Digital team to provide channels enhancements that will improve service offerings to our customers
- Monitor competition and keep abreast of the channel offerings/service developments.
- Come up with campaigns that will promote the adoption and penetration of all digital services.
- Support implementation of new projects and change request (i.e. approved enhancements across digital channels)
- Monitor daily operations of digital channels and Self-Service Terminals (SST), and identify improvement areas for reengineering to ensure delivery of efficient and high-quality service to customers.
- Ensure timely and accurate MIS and dashboard reporting to drive digital penetration, transaction migration, SST uptime and usage
- Online and real-time monitoring of SST and other digital channels to ensure that the various channels are working optimally and ensure that all cases of downtime are promptly identified, tracked to closure or escalated to appropriate Group or Country contacts where applicable.
- Manage local vendors/service providers to ensure SLA adherence
- Ensure business continuity through effective BCP/DR testing (Digital Channels and SST)
- Work with SCM, PaCMan, Global Sourcing, Technology on new projects
- Liaise with the branches, call centre and CEPG for digital banking registrations (Online Banking, estatement, SMS Alerts and SC Mobile).
- Provide ongoing technical support on bill payment complaint and resolution by maintaining high quality service in the following areas: ease of contact, sincere and professional attitude, prompt acknowledgment and reply to emails (meet pre-defined Service Standards), proper handling of queries, requests and complaints (e.g. offering reasonable and effective solution) and clear communication.
- Manage Digital Channels process notes and operating instructions, with configuration management to ensure easy retrieval and safe keeping
- Work closely with the country ITO, Supply Chain Management, Legal and Finance teams on service level management
- Initiate Change Request (CR) and other requests on proprietary to online banking, SC Mobile and SST
- Manage local aggregators / service providers to ensure SLA adherence
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and maintain the appropriate culture and values.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing channel training for frontlines, branch ops, ATM custodians, and ensure that custodians of all proximity systems are suitably skilled in platform handling.
- Support the Manager, Digital Banking n identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Continuously improve risk processes to improve cost efficiency to maintain optimal balance between risk and cost of control
- Limit and reduce risk exposures through wide use of controls on digital channels
- Closely work with Compliance, regulators and other stakeholders to maximise our strategic and operational flexibility and efficiency, within the boundaries of our legal and regulatory environment.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
(This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Proximity Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country segment teams
- Client experience and contact centre teams
- Servicing and Transacting team
- Country ITO (Technology Support, Project management)
- CDD and Business Rksk Management team
- Country Supply Chain Management
- Regional digital and project teams
- Group Digital Banking, Group ATM channels Operations, Production System Support teams (Ibanking PSS, ADC PSS, Sparrow PSS, Africa Core Banking PSS, Card Operations, GBS Chennai, STS PSS)
- Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing
- Vendors and Partner Institutions with Digital Channels related deliveries
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Digital banking
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A graduate qualification with completion of mandatory NYSC
- Core competencies: Sound Knowledge of digital channels operations, digital analytics. E-Commerce and digital payments
Deadline: 17th February, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online