Lily hospitals Limited established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and also accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate. We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in horsemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical House Officer
Location: Warri, Delta
- This role is responsible for providing competent patient-centered care that addresses health needs and promotes wellness. Such care shall be based on latest medical evidence and guidelines
Key Result Areas
The House Officer is expected to:
- Resume for work on or before 8am and close not earlier than 5pm provided he has completed all pending duties and has properly handed over the outstanding duties to his colleague on call.
- Do a ward round every day of the week. The House Officer must be available for the Registrar/Senior Registrar and Consultant ward rounds and being on the previous call duty would not be taken as an excuse for his/her absence.
- Clerk every new patient on their admission into the ward in their unit or in other units if the patient arrives during his/her call duty hours. The House-Officer should inform the Registrar / Medical Officer-on-call or in the unit for immediate review before the House Officer starts His or Her own review (This is very important in order NOT to cause DELAY).
- Prepare presentation of each case before Medical Officer / Registrar, Senior Registrar and Consultant ward round.
- Must liaise with the Medical Officer / Registrar / Senior Registrar at all times on any issue concerning the management of the patient.
- Take investigation samples as appropriate and ensure the results are retrieved within a limited period of time. He / She have to explain why the result of any investigation is delayed.
- Acquaint him/her with the drug regimen and instructions concerning each patient on the ward during call duty hours, so that such instruction can be promptly carried out without waiting to be called by the Nurses. House-Officer in other unit should endeavour to hand over instructions given during the normal duty hours to those on calls.
- Ask questions about the management of the patient at all times from the Medical Officer, Registrar or Senior Registrar no matter how simple the question may appear.
- Never hesitate to call your Medical Officer or Registrar after seeing a patient.
- Carry out basic or crucial investigations such as PCV, EUCr and Grouping and cross matching of blood for transfusion before the arrival of the Medical Officer or Registrar/Senior Registrar.
- See that the instruction given by the Medical Officer or Registrar/Senior Registrar during ward rounds are promptly carried out. This is means that the House-Officer must come back after the round to make sure that things are done appropriately and report to the Medical Officer or Registrar/Senior Registrar where such could not be done.
- Candidates should possess an MBBS / MBChB qualification.
- The job holder must have a current provisional license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the basics in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Surgery.
- The job holder must have good stamina and empathy for patients.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under pressure and self-discipline.
- Job holder must portray a caring and professional manner in all aspects of work.
Deadline: 28th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.